Our mission

Confirmed - Monterey Bay Aquarium Tour - Sat June 16th 1:30pm for tour - pics added

If it's 15 including family members, I'd rather have BAR members go then my family....they won't really be that interested in how things work behind the scenes. My family will still come, just not on the tour.

Real Name / BAR handle/Location if you are open for carpooling.
1. Arnold Pon / Apon / Maybe from SF (Not sure yet)
2. Randy Chan / RandyC / No / (1)
3. Jon Mosbacher / jonmos75 / No / (1, possibly 2)
4. John / JVU / open to carpool but don’t need to (from Walnut Creek) (1, possibly 2)
5. Matt Yeow/Mozby/Union City (carpool depends on if my family is coming along)
6. Mike/SFSUphysics/No/(2 adults + toddler)
7. Asia & Matt / Ashalye & Coral4me / No / (2 adults + 1 kid)
8. Mark Bissell & Peter Bissell / Daddio & Peter B./ Redwood City
9. Bruce Spiegelman/Bruce Spiegelman/No. 2
10. Henry Luu / henergizer / No / 2

Well this is a non-BAR event, so ultimately Arnold decides the rules. But it might be a wrong presumption that family members wouldn't be interested, maybe not as interested as some members but should that disqualify them?

But either way, should figure out the "rules" now, not to sound all drama queeny here, but if I the choice I have to make is tell my wife to wait outside while I go behind the scenes to look at all the cool stuff or not going at all, then I'm not going to go. I mean my wife isn't a BAR member, but she did work for Matt as well and probably knows him more than most members here. Then what about Asia & Matt? Both are members, they are not exactly going to leave the kid out while they go do stuff.

I’m not going, but if I was to go and bring my family I know I’d be the only one really interested in the tour anyway so they would just wander around without me at that time. I’m sure there are others with family members that would be interested in the tour as well though. It might be best if those already on the list adjusted their post to reflect only the number of people that want to be included in the tour. I don’t know if that was clear before.

Of course @Apon has the final say in how he wants it to go since it’s his event.

Well this is a non-BAR event, so ultimately Arnold decides the rules. But it might be a wrong presumption that family members wouldn't be interested, maybe not as interested as some members but should that disqualify them?

But either way, should figure out the "rules" now, not to sound all drama queeny here, but if I the choice I have to make is tell my wife to wait outside while I go behind the scenes to look at all the cool stuff or not going at all, then I'm not going to go. I mean my wife isn't a BAR member, but she did work for Matt as well and probably knows him more than most members here. Then what about Asia & Matt? Both are members, they are not exactly going to leave the kid out while they go do stuff.

I don’t think I presumed anything except that my family members wouldn’t be as interested as probably others, in particular, other BAR members that were left off the list because I included my family in the count.

Relax Mike, I am not restricting/bumping anyone yet...I just said if some family members aren't interested LMK. I don't bump anyone to at least 2 weeks out. I have learned that plans change too for people. I will do as I always do, go by the rsvp list.

Same here. Pls excuse my family from the count (2). They’ll come to Monterey aquarium but not join the tour. Hopefully that frees up some space for bar members.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We’ll go even if no spots are available in the tour, please keep us in the loop in case of no-shows. We’re glad for the reminder to use our membership more, and we have two guest passes to share (maybe that’s our bribe wink-wink!)

4. John / JVU / open to carpool but don’t need to (from Walnut Creek) (1, possibly 2)
11. Liz and Robert / chromis / no (2 adults + 2 kids)

I would like to attend the tour too.

Updated list:

11. Liz and Robert / chromis / no (2 adults + 2 kids)
12.Nelson Chuang/NelsonCh/ no / 2

I would like to attend too. It would be just me for the tour. I’ll be dropping of gf at her family’s house in salinas so can’t carpool.

Thanks for this opportunity it’s pretty cool.

Hmmm Ok - remember I am only accepting people who respond in the correct format : ) So Coral reefer and jorahx4 need to respond again.

This is what I have from reading the entire thread so far. Will update on 1st thread as well. I will talk to Matt and see if I can expand the count, but not sure yet. I did check and he said toddlers are ok, since I said "Bartini and Mike's Kid".

Please confirm with me in thread, the tour head count ASAP- we are a month out but I know plans change for folks as well in the summer, remember anyone can come to aquarium but trying to reduce the number who would like to come on tour.

Real Name / BAR handle/Location if you are open for carpooling - How many for Tour
1. Arnold Pon / Apon / Maybe from SF (Not sure yet) - 1 for tour Confirmed
2. Randy Chan / RandyC / No / (1 for tour Confirmed)
3. Jon Mosbacher / jonmos75 / No / (1, possibly 2 for tour)
4. John / JVU / open to carpool but don’t need to (from Walnut Creek) (1,Confirmed )
5. Matt Yeow/Mozby/Union City (1,Confirmed )
11. Dennio / dpc goes west / no / 2 adults
12. Eric Do / Ibn / Campbell, open to carpool / Confirmed
13. Liz and Robert / chromis / no (2 adults + 2 kids) **** has bribe for Arnold - free entrance pass? Liz will it be 1 for tour?
14. Nelson Chuang/NelsonCh/ no / 2

Waitlist
1. Coral reefer
2. jorahx

Last edited:
Real Name / BAR handle/Location if you are open for carpooling - How many for Tourults + toddler)

kevin / jorahx4 / no / 1

Last edited:
Back