Our mission

Angler in 10 gallon tank?

So what are your thoughts on keeping a angler (something that would stay small like a warty max 4”)

in a 10 gallon tank plumbed into a large display

Being a fish that needs to be alone because it will eat or be eater by others

What are your thoughts?

It's possible. Norman (Mr. Ugly) did that in the past by keeping the angler separate from the others by plumbing it into a larger system.

Frogfish are not very active. 10 gallons could work if the main system has good water quality. Keep the nitrates low.

I had a breeding pair of New Guinea frogfish spawn 5 times in 7 gallon Minibow. I did daily large water changes from the main system though.

Frogfish are not very active. 10 gallons could work if the main system has good water quality. Keep the nitrates low.

I had a breeding pair of New Guinea frogfish spawn 5 times in 7 gallon Minibow. I did daily large water changes from the main system though.

So essentially it was like it was plumbed into the display
Did they produce allot of waste
What did you feed

Why so frequent water changes?

And why low nitrates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So essentially it was like it was plumbed into the display
Did they produce allot of waste
What did you feed

They are ambush predators that eat every few days. When they eventually poop, it can be big.

Initially, I fed live ghost shrimp, then frozen ghost shrimp, then chunks of frozen shrimp/fish from the supermarket and chunks of gel cubes.

Impale the food on a piece of fishing line attached to a feeding stick. Start with live food and you can trick/train them to take frozen.

Why so frequent water changes?

And why low nitrates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Water changes to maintain the best water quality possible since the tank volume was so small.

Supposedly, anglers don’t do as well when nitrates are high.

They are ambush predators that eat every few days. When they eventually poop, it can be big.

Initially, I fed live ghost shrimp, then frozen ghost shrimp, then chunks of frozen shrimp/fish from the supermarket and chunks of gel cubes.

Impale the food on a piece of fishing line attached to a feeding stick. Start with live food and you can trick/train them to take frozen.

Thanks

I feed mine store bought shrimp and silversides off of a stick....every 4-5d or so. Mine is in a much bigger tank but he shares it with a Toby Puffer and a Longnose Butterfly.

Back