got ethical husbandry?

Proposed June BAR Event - Kessil Tour

Can you attend tour during the week

• Yes

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters
I've heard back from the good folks at Kessil, and we may have a possibility for a Saturday tour. The Saturday possibilities I've been given are June 2, 9 or 16. There is going to be a bit of dependence on the person giving the tour, because the facility is closed on Saturdays, so it will be an extra work day for him. And, as I understand it, the facility will not be in production. The Fridays before what I've listed are also open, the facility will be in production, and there is a much greater chance of being able to arrange something.

If you're interested in this, please post the date you prefer, and I'll get back to Kessil to see if we can make it happen.

Thanks everyone!

Sounds like a weekday tour would be more interesting and also less of a burden on Kessil...

6/19 conflicts with another (unofficial) BAR event at Monterey Bay Aquarium that lots of members are going to.

I don’t have my June work schedule yet, but have already submitted requested days off, so kind of in no-man’s land for confirming a day.

For me and probably others it’s easier to schedule something if it’s a little more in advance. That said, I really would like to go on this tour so I will try to make whatever day you pick work by trying to switch my work schedule around.

Given the Monterey aquarium tour on the 16th, I would propose Friday the 8th or Saturday the 9th, with Friday being much more interesting given that production will be happening. Personally, I would question how interesting a Saturday tour will be if there is nothing going on and no activity on the tour?

OK, for everyone who's interested - Kessil has asked that I solicit a Friday and Saturday choice, and I'm going to propose Friday June 8 or Sat June 9.

Now for the next question, how many of you are interested in one of those two days days? I'll need to get a headcount to Kessil as part of the plan, ideally over the next few days.

Can someone help me to add a signup to the post, or perhaps replace the current one with a Fri / Sat option?

Thanks everyone, I think this is a cool opportunity to see the inner workings of one of the best aquarium equipment producers in the industry!

Well, That is a bummer I will not be able to attend this event (Wife's Birthday Weekend), please try to setup another tour possibly next year. This is one of the places that I have not been able to see and really wanted to. I joined the club a month after the last tour we had with Kessil which was about two years ago.

OK, We are going to go for June 9th. I recognize that this does not suit everyone. Depending on the success of this one, we may repeat the event next year.

Back