Our mission

Fumigation help

View attachment 9625 View attachment 9626
My place is in a process of fumigation today . I started off last week by removing all livestock including two clowns, purple dotty and six line wrasse from my 34 g tank. Then remove as much corals as I can. I left the red monti, gorgonian and pulsing xenia. I turned off everything except left the one MP10 running. I covered the tank with the nyloflume bags provided and taped it around. I am monitoring the temp with my Apex. Its a 3 day tenting so it should be by friday afternoon per Terminix. PG and E is only cutting gas not power. I will update on Friday if the corals left behind makes it.
Thanks so much for keeping me in the loop! Where did you place your fish?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update:
Fumigation competed Friday afternoon. I immediately checked out my tank and found out the corals left behind all survived. I noticed though that since I turned off my heater the water temp went all the way down to 70. I was the impression that it will become real hot since it was covered with bag and the house is tented.

With this experience, I'll still remove all my fishes and take corals as much as I can. The challenge on doing this is a big hassle.

FullSizeRender.jpg For clarification: the corals left behind were hardy corals (red monti, gorgonian , spongedes and Xenia) I would still think its same as concept as the advnced ones. Since it's under water it's not impacted during fumigation that's per the fumigation company.

Update:
Fumigation competed Friday afternoon. I immediately checked out my tank and found out the corals left behind all survived. I noticed though that since I turned off my heater the water temp went all the way down to 70. I was the impression that it will become real hot since it was covered with bag and the house is tented.

With this experience, I'll still remove all my fishes and take corals as much as I can. The challenge on doing this is a big hassle.
Did anything perish?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well the day is almost here. Same situation as Fox Reefing. Am running carbon now, and purigen in my IM 50 sump. I will cover it entirely and shut off the pumps and proten skimmer. I am taking the fish to a friends house tomorrow. Leaving the coral... I will cover the tanks with the nylofume bags and seal tight.... run both MP40 and MP 10 on my tanks... I also have to seal the space where my ATO pump is sitting in my 5 gallon containers... ill just tape that area all around..

My question is shall I lower my heater temp since the tops will be sealed off and will it heat up? shall I drop it to 76 or 75 to be safe to account for possible temp rise?
So far IVe read that most people have kept their coral alive. Even the Terminix guy said he did a house, and the resident was able to keep Coral alive.
Im not taking a chance with my purple tang, flame wrasses and GSM clownfish pairs.

Thanks so much to Matt for helping me keep my fish in his tank for a few days!

Back