Cali Kid Corals

Clownfish pairing

Anyone see a skunk clown pair up with a goldbar maroon clownfish? Cause its happening in my tank. Just need to get them to mate somehow and make babies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Different genus altogether. Skunk clown is Amphiprion perideraion and the maroon is Premnas biaculeatus. I don't think the eggs would be viable if they get to that stage, but nature does have its quirks.

Different genus altogether. Skunk clown is Amphiprion perideraion and the maroon is Premnas biaculeatus. I don't think the eggs would be viable if they get to that stage, but nature does have its quirks.

I thought it died till one day it appeared with my goldbar... haha it definitely was a shocker.

Hopefully if they do have eggs, they can be raised and make some insane weird looking clowns.

I started reading up on pairings and apparently the idea is to not mix them due to incompatibility but people also say different species of clowns do pair and spawn. The odds are basically 99.99% failures which is why only “experts”, whatever that even means, should attempt off species pairings. ibluewater sells different genus paired clownfish but they are $$$$..

I have a male occelarus clown with a male sunrise dottyback doin' the dance. Must be something in the water ...

Doing the dance like when they are trying to establish dominance in pairing? Maybe your dottyback is 30% clown. [emoji23]

Back