Jestersix

kinetic Reefer 170

Update:
Somehow my VarioS 2 pump wasn't pumping (head pressure or air bubbles maybe) for at least 3 months, and I just noticed it yesterday haha. I got it going by turning the flow all the way max, and it finally started pumping. So ridiculous, I'm dumb. This pump powers my chiller and carbon reactor (also hooked up to the same line is a UV and algae reactor, which are off and empty right now). Whew, it smelled really bad in my room for a few hours. I'll need to do a 20% water change today, but nothing in the tank looks amiss.

My Magnifica walked all over my tank last week. I decided to just let it wander and not try to place it back on the pedestal. It's now hanging out on the lower side of my rockwork near the BTAs. I guess I'll just leave it there if it's happy. The rock it's connected to is not flat and very porous. It's also the lowest point in the tank. Not sure why it likes it there. Maybe the flow?

Dinos have still not returned, which is good. Everything has been stable for at least 3 months now (without dinos). I'm still dosing 3ml of NoPox daily, which seems to be perfect. The downside is, there's very little algae in the tank at all. The only thing that grows is a very thin layer on the glass, but it's totally white. Snails go at it, and so does my sailfin blenny, but it's so weird that it grows white. I wonder if there's still dinoX in the system that's doing it. I noticed my algae turning white when I dosed the tank with DinoX. Another thing is, my carbon reactor hasn't been absorbing anything for 3 months (due to the pump not pushing water), so it really could be the dinox still running in my system. Anyone else ever see white algae growth?

Since the tank seems to be running on pretty low nutrients, I've lost a couple scarlet hermits and my turbo snails. They probably starved. (I check my other levels, small amounts of phos/nitrates, no ammonia/nitrites). Trochus snails are all accounted for, and so are my nassarius and cerith. Pretty impressed with the trochus/nass/cerith still all 100% alive since I got them (other than one trochus that beached itself behind my tank by accident).

I'm getting bored of the tank (not in a bad way, just comfortable). Nothing new other than the mag walking around. It's almost fully automated, so I don't need to do much with it at all. I just need to clean the glass every week and do a small water change. My ATO reservoir tops off automatically, dosing is automatic, feeding is automatic.

I'm wondering if I should get some coral soon to replace all my dead ones from the dinos. I have all my dosers sitting on standby. But a part of me is thinking I should just wait another month to give my tank a full year (started in August of last year). I'll try dosing some amino acids once they come in, since the tank seems to be at a stable state of ULNS mostly. Just hope that the dinos don't come back...

Im sure a bunch of us and cut some frags for you

Haha that would be amazing. I'm thinking of trying to see if I can trade for a few, though at this point I have very little to trade. I'm going to try to sell a few things and maybe use actual money to trade! ;)

My pearlberry I got from you didn't make it in the dinos plague =(

My list of corals I'm hoping to get again:
  1. Hawkins Echinata
  2. Pearlberry
  3. Bubblegum Digitata
One day I hope I can find:
  • Non-green stag coral (any color other than green or yellow)
  • Red Planet
  • Shades of Fall
  • An affordable Walt Disney frag haha =P

Haha that would be amazing. I'm thinking of trying to see if I can trade for a few, though at this point I have very little to trade. I'm going to try to sell a few things and maybe use actual money to trade! ;)

1. Hawkins Echinata
  2. Pearlberry
  3. Bubblegum Digitata
  • Red Planet
  • Shades of Fall
I believe Fish Doctor has a non-green stag

1. Hawkins Echinata
  2. Pearlberry
  3. Bubblegum Digitata
  • Red Planet
  • Shades of Fall
I have the Pearlberry ( from chromis) and bubblegum Digi ( from Bruce ) , red planet from Edgar and Walt Disney. Give me alittle more grow time

I have the same problem with my phone. I cant transfer any pics but i can if I use my ipad
When I got the iPhone X posting pictures stopped working for me. I found if you resize them then they can be uploaded. You can also try taking the pictures in the square format. I think it’s either something to do with the file size or resolution being too high.

Back