Neptune Aquatics

Tank Spotlight #1 Newjack

Good 'ole TP and E. Still remember attending that first meeting, not knowing anyone, as well as the EPM.
Yup those were the days, I remember those days you could buy huge colonies of corals... not that I ever did, but man that was fun watching someone get this acropora that was 8 inches wide and 10 inches tall (not so fun was that it probably didn't do quite the same in their home tank)

GREAT TANK !!!!!

I am particularly happy that our first winner has a mixed tank, with lots of color and fun.
The tanks with nothing but high end pointy sticks are great also, don't get me wrong.
But some of the reef sites seem to get a bit elitist about that.

I was not a member of the club at the time. Hopefully, some of the members of that time, will chime in and tell us more about it.
But, I do know that Eddy( the store owner) eventually asked to have it taken down because somehow the agreement for maintaining the tank wasn’t being taken care of on the clubs end.
Older members of the club, please correct me if i’m wrong. I am only passing along hear say... not facts.
For those of you that know or knew Eddy, I DO know that he is currently working for a major coral collector in some Asian Country. ( I haven’t talked to the owner in some time, so don’t know what country they are in now) He goes out with the native collectors, and helps them pick out what’s good and what’s bad coral to be imported to the states.

That was BARE club not BAR club. (Long Story) Hmmm I know Eddie used to have a blog of his new venture out of the country. Not sure if its still up, but had great stories and pictures.

BAR had it's early meetings there as well.

What happened to it?did the members actually keep it up?
Well lets just say... you that quality of members of the club to talk about helping, but no one steps up to actually fill positions in the club? Well that same quality existed back then as well.

Interesting to hear about Eddie, last I remember he was setting up shop in Tonga or something... but that was years ago.

Very nice, thanks for sharing! I’m not sure I’ve seen so many different kinds of corals in one tank. How large of a weekly water change do you aim for?

My normal water change is 10 -15 gal a week. It depends on how much i have mixed up. I have a 40gal. water storage container that can usually supply me for 3 water changes.

Oh wow, elegance from a frag- nice!
BTW I remember Eddie and Tropical Paradise well. So many interesting things went on there like gigantic live sand filter and high surge clam tank. Also remember frag swaps when we fragged on the spot and those boxes of Fiji live rock.

Thanks for sharing your tank! I actually worked at Tropical Paradise for several years so there is a chance we crossed paths. I had lots of fun there. Before getting a “regular” job and having kids, I spent countless nights there tinkering and was especially proud of all the surge systems we designed and built. Sad to see we no longer have any LFS’ in the east bay anymore, other than AC. It was nice when we also had Lucky Goldfish and Aquarium Concepts as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back