Kessil

THAILAND Dive

Wlachnit

Past President
Just finished my first dive in Thailand. A little disappointing due to poor water conditions (rough seas and poor visibility). Highlights for me were....great big schools of Barracuda, and my first time seeing huge anemones with skunk clowns. Those two things made it worth it. The LTAs were easily a couple feet across (or so it seemed) lots of green sun corals, rhodactis mushrooms, 8ft sea whips, Montis, gorgonians, anthelia, lepastrea (I think) and a bunch of other life. Had hoped to have seen a whale shark since one was spotted the day before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diving got me into this hobby, since I couldn’t go every day [emoji4]. I’ve dived in Cozumel, Isla de Mujeres, Kauai, the Bahamas and the Caymans. Cayman Brac was by far my favorite.

Diving got me into this hobby, since I couldn’t go every day [emoji4]. I’ve dived in Cozumel, Isla de Mujeres, Kauai, the Bahamas and the Caymans. Cayman Brac was by far my favorite.

Diving also got me remotivated in the hobby 6 or so years ago. I’ve dived most islands in Hawaii, but Cozumel is probably my favorite....awesome drift dives. Cayman brac has been on my list (have dived only Grand Cayman)

Dived off Roatan, Honduras for a week. One of the best weeks of my life. Two dives a day. Sleeping, drinking and eating the rest of the time...

Dived in Indonesia, Maldives, Hawaii, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines, but my all time favorite is a tiny island of the east coast of Borneo called Sipadan.

There I am...waiting for the Whale shark.............that never came. [emoji30]
fb1fae13b216dc95ca5ea5c68ad56d37.jpg

I lived on Guam for two years and dove there, Chuuk Lagoon, and Palau. Most interesting things of my life
This is my first time diving in the Western Pacific. Been to Thailand 5-6 times (mostly for business) and only snorkeled 20y ago. Decided on Thailand mostly because only 3 of 4 family members dive. Palau along with Fiji has been on my short list.

Back