High Tide Aquatics

Yet another cube, small cube thing in progress.

Thanks for the links Vincent.

@sfsuphysics Mike that module seems awfully similar to the old Aquacontroller series from Neptune; the one to control Tunze pumps. At least by the documentation on the PDF link, tells me it is basically the same thing.

Got to run the CL again and this time seems all is leak-free.

20180915_100440.jpg

Last edited:
Somewhere online I read about that; the module name is Aquasurf was popular with Tunze Wave-boxes and their controllable Turbelle series.

Fixed the leak and did mess with some rock while in there.
Tank and sump online 24/7.

Skimmer is anxiously awaiting after a long break.
Next thing is to figure out the layout of the conopy for the lights, that means table saw, router, clamps...
Although I wanted to cement some rock pieces together, that will not happen for the entire rockwork, just a couple small shelf pieces were cemented on other rocks.

Need to run some carbon so water gets clear; good thing I saved a small media reactor; bad thing, I misplaced some plumbing pieces to run it. Back to another good thing, I have carbon aplenty.

Have to do a lot of reading on the Apex so I can configure the outlets properly and get used to the Fusion part of it; no more fancy timers.

I was going to use a Tunze ATO but it has an alarm, audible alarm that might become annoying for the person above where the tank is; specially if it goes on at nighttime... scratch that. I know I have an ATO with a relay and either a float or an air pressure switch and that might be good enough.

RO reservoir is a 55g barrel that has a float valve already in place and shuts water off at about 50g; have to figure out a way to plumb it to the ATO without the worry of dumping 50g of water by “accident”

I was going to use a Tunze ATO but it has an alarm, audible alarm that might become annoying for the person above where the tank is; specially if it goes on at nighttime... scratch that. I know I have an ATO with a relay and either a float or an air pressure switch and that might be good enough.

You can disable the alarm with a jumper inside the control box (assuming you're using an osmolator 3155). Option #3 - Page 46-47 of manual.

Screen Shot 2018-09-17 at 9.55.25 PM.png

Well, it has been quite a journey getting the tank ready. Over two years that the bug bit again... http://www.bareefers.org/forum/threads/got-bit-by-the-bug-sort-of.18843/
At times(many), I questioned myself it it was a good idea to start again in the hobby; I still keep asking myself if it was a correct decision. In the past, at the point where I had to shut-down tank by tank, I told maybe couple people when I was asked Why I was getting out of the hobby?. My reply was simple; I bit more than I could eat and then I chew more than I could swallow. The hobby was a distraction from life issues, family, growing kids, the recession, loosing a job and then loosing another one right before the holiday season... I had the support of my mother and brother (yes, I'm married but I'm not pushing my wife aside); I had the idea of opening a small aquarium store, LFS if you will, in the north bay; had the name in mind "AquaMarin"; my wife was supportive of that plan but she didn't quite like the idea of dealing with two kids by herself but was supportive. Things went a different way and the LFS didn't happen. Ocean Treasures in San Francisco was closing, the aquarium on Lombard closed, the one on Taraval, Aquatic Central...

This time around I want to keep it simple to one tank, perhaps the quarantine temporary tank.
Those who have been to the "hideout", maybe noticed a tank or two, or three that I'm still "working on" but it's time to let go of some projects that just pile up and then are in the way of finding that stupid mouse that died, stinks and then fills the basement with ugly, or as Mike @Coral reefer puts it, FUGLY flies; and as I type, I can spot three, make that four that are distracting me from typing...
I will be re-homing a couple projects and offer them to BAR members; Will there be a catch? yes, but I think will be something good, something that BAR is known for...

I want to thank those BAR Members that have helped me in one way or another, I express gratitude towards each of them from deep in my heart; THANK YOU !

I know you convinced me on upgrading the 40B to a taller tank, still not convinced on the whole stand quite yet though :D So that's one tank you can move on from.

Back