got ethical husbandry?

Waterbox Peninsula 5526

Yes -- their sumps are all glass. All of the plumbing comes with the set-ups as well. He has some pieces I don't on mine, but his is a much larger system so I assume it's all what was included. Although I want to know what that clear piece is as well. Never seen one of those, but what an awesome idea.
That's a check valve but I think that's going to be an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes -- their sumps are all glass. All of the plumbing comes with the set-ups as well. He has some pieces I don't on mine, but his is a much larger system so I assume it's all what was included. Although I want to know what that clear piece is as well. Never seen one of those, but what an awesome idea.
The clear piece is the gate valve...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did all that plumbing come with it? I don’t recognize those valves. Are the smaller ones on the manifold ball or gate valves?

Also that sump looks like it’s all glass. Is it?
The 2 red extra valves are manifolds...

Last edited:
There are plenty of free sites out there
If you can afford a reef tank, you can afford the $upporting dues
And it show your commitment
And the site and our community costs money!

I'm setting it up in Morgan Hill. House still empty -just a tank inside lol. Still waiting for furnitures, setting up school and daycare for kids. Over a month now.. While waiting, I'm trying to do some stuff to get the tank started.[emoji846]

Well at least you got your priorities straight! Club membership APPROVED!

That's a check valve but I think that's going to be an issue.

Agree. I wish I had taken a picture of all the growths inside my pipes when I tweaked the plumbing.
Relying on check valves is risky.

Leave this troll under the bridge until he/she is will to pay the toll
If this troll is not will to $upport us, why bother with it

Freeloader
Boooooo

There’re plenty of free sites out there

Agree. I wish I had taken a picture of all the growths inside my pipes when I tweaked the plumbing.
Relying on check valves is risky.
If you’re relying on the check valve then I agree but I don’t think the volume of the overflow box is very much. I don’t think it would overflow the sump. The check valve is just a nicity and not a necessity then.

If you’re relying on the check valve then I agree but I don’t think the volume of the overflow box is very much. I don’t think it would overflow the sump. The check valve is just a nicity and not a necessity then.

Then why plumb it in if it does nothing or if it fails why bother to install it.

Back