Cali Kid Corals

Forgot why I used to put on gloves when working with corals.

So it's been easily a year since I've done anything with corals/rock in my temporary system. But getting things ready for the frag swap I'd thought I'd chop off one of my super fancy ultra cool not even Jason Fox has this rhodactis mushrooms, and I'm holding the rock snipping off the mushroom and I feel a ticklish feeling around my finger, sure enough there's a bristle worm wrapped around the bottom of my pinky, right where the webbing is on the finger too! So I go "eek" (literally) and flick it off my finger. When everything is done, I soak my hand in vinegar to get rid of any bristles but by the damage was already done, raised bumps all around... and those bastards are itchy as all hell, however do try to be good and not scratch as I figure it's like a mosquito bite in that unscratched ones go away quicker... oh yeah and my thumb which I flicked it off with was itchy/hot too.

Damn I hate bristleworms.

Upside is the rhodactis is bigger than the mouth of a frag container... it got biiiig.

Bristleworms do hurt. But also I suspected there was some odd tingling to my finger tips when I handled certain corals esp soft and shrooms without gloves.

Back