Kessil

Fish trap for a blenny?

kinetic

Supporting Member
Looking to remove my Sailfin Blenny. He is beautiful, has an awesome attitude, and cleans the rocks and glass amazingly well. The only downside is, he picks on my new frags. I've had to move new frags to the cave entrance where my orchid dottyback lives.

This sailfin blenny doesn't chomp on old frags that have been in there for awhile (like a walt disney, thank goodness). But a few newbies are his favorites. It's not a particular type, just new ones.

Orchid dottyback is mean enough that he keeps the blenny from coming close to the cave entrance, but it's not ideal to keep the frags there.

I've tried catching it with a net, but it was more cursing than success. I'd rather just plop a fish trap in there and try to catch him that way than disassemble everything.

Anyone have a good fish trap I can borrow/rent or know of one online that I can buy that works well?

I can bring you mine on Saturday if you'd like.

Hey Bruce,

I'm out of town this weekend so I can't make it to the swap (the worst timing for a business trip). How big is the trap? Maybe I'll swing by to borrow it or maybe someone who lives near me might be able to shuttle for me?

(@ashburn2k @Kensington Reefer @Solitaryensis any of you planning to goto the swap can help pick this up for me?)

Heck -- I'd even buy the blenny from you.

Sounds good! I'll figure out how to catch it and then I'll shoot you a PM ;)

Hey Bruce,

I'm out of town this weekend so I can't make it to the swap (the worst timing for a business trip). How big is the trap? Maybe I'll swing by to borrow it or maybe someone who lives near me might be able to shuttle for me?

(@ashburn2k @Kensington Reefer @Solitaryensis any of you planning to goto the swap can help pick this up for me?)

Sounds good! I'll figure out how to catch it and then I'll shoot you a PM ;)

I'm here ever day and evening. Let me know if that works. This is the one I have"
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/aqua-medic-fish-trap.html

Sorry, I am avoiding the swap since my new tank went up just a couple weeks ago. I want to avoid the temptation of frags!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back