Our mission

Jorahx 90g

That's a lot of growth? Is that a fire or bubblegum Digi?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I honestly forget which one goes with which name. Haha.

This one is Pink polyp with green structure.

He also gave me a smaller one that’s pink polyp and green tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New addition to the tank!

Green gecko acro, (thank you tankguy)

ac9d6ea03f96c51682ec9fc39c186b6a.jpg

Last edited:
So, after having to take down my 20g tank. I decided I wanted a second tank using the same sump, that way I can be lazy and not have to maintain two systems at once.

Bought a innovative marine 25 black and a modular marine overflow. Did some drilling for the first time (was scared but turned out easy)

Built a stand out of some ikea kitchen cabinets. And going to use a radion xr30 that way my lights are the same between both tanks.

My goal is to put my anemones in the new tank with very Little Rock work. Some how catch my clown fish and puffer.

Just a few things I’m waiting on currently. IKEA forgot to send me the legs and door handles. And figuring out where I want to drill the return hole. And if I want one or two holes for the return.

But here’s some progression photos.

90e0a027fb9c083cacc0c1b2fc090647.jpg

a8d46e889cf4011e33b353710c524c1c.jpg

0f6ddcd9599ec352b309ab617bb9fe9a.jpg

718f4919af55ffff844f11ddb5ed0368.jpg

1b4f39b340a27aaa7159d32e871b7a36.jpg

f8b39475e23b328d1d67e9201103f10b.jpg

Are you sure the IKEA cabinet-stand will hold the weight reliably? IKEA isn’t the first brand that comes to mind for super-sturdy. Maybe extra bracing or something? It does look great.

Are you sure the IKEA cabinet-stand will hold the weight reliably? IKEA isn’t the first brand that comes to mind for super-sturdy. Maybe extra bracing or something? It does look great.

I was worried about that too. But I have been finding a lot of people who use this stand with lots of success.

I did think about adding a couple 2x4 just to ensure.

I was worried about that too. But I have been finding a lot of people who use this stand with lots of success.

I did think about adding a couple 2x4 just to ensure.

I'd be careful will spills around that thing. It's probably particle board and will soak up water like a sponge. Maybe a coat of enamel paint and caulking where the boards meet would help.

That's what I was going to mention, IKEA never tested their furniture against frequent water spills and it would bend over the time since it's not strengthened for heavy stuff like fish tanks.

So, I think I made my biggest mistake possible.

Today I decided to start putting together my side nem tank. It’s a 25g lagoon black model (no overflow) I used the ikea stand and plumbed everything in together with the 90g sump. Using a radion xr30 as light, soon mp10 (Christmas?), modular marine overflow box. It all turned out great until I filled it with water. Well, being as it was my first time drilling a tank I used the template that came with the overflow box. Made it flush with the top of the glass so it would look good. When it started filling with water, I started getting nervous because I realized I drilled the overflow so high up.

The tank water level is currently 1//4” from the rim. And worried of any little wave would splash out onto my particle board tank stand.

Think my only option is. Deal with it (gross)
Or
Buy another tank and attempt my drill again.

After some talk with other people they suggest having the overflow 1” from the surface.

[emoji1751]‍[emoji3603]

Back