Neptune Aquatics

Excel Spreadsheet tracking chemistry

I did at one time use excel, it's not exactly rocket science to put a number in, however this was like Excel XP edition way back in the day :D and like all good things... it's only as useful as you keep doing it, weekly parameter checks turned into monthly, turned into by the time I got done with my reef tank I already forgot what the number was.

I did at one time use excel, it's not exactly rocket science to put a number in, however this was like Excel XP edition way back in the day :D and like all good things... it's only as useful as you keep doing it, weekly parameter checks turned into monthly, turned into by the time I got done with my reef tank I already forgot what the number was.
Yeah...I used to do the same. With Fusion, the friction of entering the numbers is a little lower than opening up a computer and spreadsheet.

I guess ... why?
When something major happens to your tank, you may track something daily for a while, but
that you can easily do in memory.
Long term - too many things change, so it is unclear what you would track and to what purpose.

Back