Neptune Aquatics

Red Gracilaria

Does anyone have Red Gracilaria they would be willing to share? I want to grow some in my sump for my tangs. I will be at the potluck this weekend...might be a good place to pick it up. Thanks.

Dave

I tried gracilaria and my chaeto might have out-competed it because it slowly all died. You might also try a (legal) caulerpa, they seem to keep up with chaeto better. Has anyone else had this issue?

I tried gracilaria and my chaeto might have out-competed it because it slowly all died. You might also try a (legal) caulerpa, they seem to keep up with chaeto better. Has anyone else had this issue?

My caulerpa killed my chaeto :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have Pom Pom Gracilaria (Gracilaria hayi) from Algae Barn that I'm growing fine next to chaeto.

I can provide some if you'd like, but if you prefer "clean" macroalgae, algaebarn has it in stock.

There's also some sea lettuce in the mix, which I don't think you can avoid getting if you get macroalgae from me. That stuff is growing everywhere in my fuge.

600C44F6-B81F-412B-854C-5CA02EBE527A.jpeg

Last edited:
I have Pom Pom Gracilaria (Gracilaria hayi) from Algae Barn that I'm growing fine next to chaeto.

I can provide some if you'd like, but if you prefer "clean" macroalgae, algaebarn has it in stock.

There's also some sea lettuce in the mix, which I don't think you can avoid getting if you get macroalgae from me. That stuff is growing everywhere in my fuge.

View attachment 10949

Actually just noticed that AlgaeBarn is having a buy one get one free sale on Pom Pom Gracilaria. Just have to add quantity of two to your cart and discount will be applied. Not sure how long the sale will go on for since it's the product of the week and I don't know when their week starts/ends.

Back