Neptune Aquatics

FREE '24 BC Adam Bomb SPS Growout Contest

Are you IN or OUT?!

• Total voters
IMG_1358.jpeg

April update

It may be too late to continue in the contest but posting anyways. Had to completely swap out my Red Sea 525 tank due to a seam failure and has taken a lot out of me but still going to post status even if just for fun. It’s encrusted almost the entire plug at this point.

Attachments

• IMG_2080.jpeg
    IMG_2080.jpeg
    73.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2066.jpeg
    IMG_2066.jpeg
    45.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2095.jpeg
    IMG_2095.jpeg
    83.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2090.jpeg
    IMG_2090.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
It may be too late to continue in the contest but posting anyways. Had to completely swap out my Red Sea 525 tank due to a seam failure and has taken a lot out of me but still going to post status even if just for fun
Yikes! Yet another seam failure? If you don't mind, think you could write up a thread about your experience?

Maybe @ReyDeFarts can rule on it but I'm ok with you being in the contest given what you had to go through.

Yikes! Yet another seam failure? If you don't mind, think you could write up a thread about your experience?

Maybe @ReyDeFarts can rule on it but I'm ok with you being in the contest given what you had to go through.
Yes, I don’t mind writing it up (but having spent so much time on the tank in last week will be a couple weeks before I can get to it.) The tank didn’t completely bust but it was darn close. By the time I got the new tank installed it was 2mm from edge of seam and in multiple places failing. Good news is that I didn’t lose anything other than a few small frags coming off bigger colonies in the transfer.

Attachments

• IMG_1733.jpeg
    IMG_1733.jpeg
    57.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1859.jpeg
    IMG_1859.jpeg
    148.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Yes, I don’t mind writing it up (but having spent so much time on the tank in last week will be a couple weeks before I can get to it.) The tank didn’t completely bust but it was darn close. By the time I got the new tank installed it was 2mm from edge of seam and in multiple places failing. Good news is that I didn’t lose anything other than a few small frags coming off bigger colonies in the transfer.
Did you get another Red Sea? Or did they replace it under warranty?

Reminder to the below folks, please get a photo in as soon as you can if you still intend on being in the contest.

@Klems @Reservetank @popper @JustinBolton @AndynotDrew @markovkaa @Saruty04 @Slingfox @Ayman @Umrigark @wayne @newfly @MustangGoVroom @The_Lazy_Reefer
Thank you and I appreciate you helping me with this.

The past few weeks have been rough for me with work...and other life stuff. Forgive me BAR for falling off with updates and posts lately.

I have some days off planned for next week. So the plan was to go through both contest threads more thoroughly to see who's still in and who's out.

Unfortunately I my frag is no longer with us. I’ve lost a couple things so I gotta do some testing to see what’s going on. Been traveling for work a lot lately and juggling family life so unfortunately my tank hasn’t been getting the love it deserves.

Last edited:
Back