Jestersix

1/2 hp coralife chiller problem

Coral reefer

Past President
I have a 1/2 hp coralife chiller that seems to think water temp is -12, -13 degrees somehow. Anyone ever heard of this or have any ideas how to fix it?

xcaret said:
You may need a new controller circuit, parts from JBJ are not that cheap.

But how pricey are ones for his Coralife?

Did you buy the chiller locally? The dealer would be the best method to approach this one.

I work on a tank for someone, they aren't sure where it came from. These are now sold under the oceanic brand name correct? Guessing this is at least three years old...

Both Oceanic and Coralife are owned by Central Pet & Garden. Not sure of what is sold under what anymore but I can tell you Coralife CS is reported to be not so great anymore since the take over, hence the part about the dealer. Dealers have a little easier time getting info from Coralife then an end user.

Yeah, I got a number for them, it has been changed, will try new number monday...
Meanwhile I pulled the beast out from under the tank, luckily there were unions to detach plumbing. Maybe I can open her up somehow and figure out how to bypass the controller in there and run it off a new controller? Anyone think this is possible?

Got to think what if the temp. sensor has some build up of some kind? how about running the chiller with vinegar for a few hours see if it helps; cheap solution before jumping to an expensive part.
Can Chillers be calibrated? If so get/download the instructions

Back