Jestersix

100w Multi Chip LED Project

I have the 10k/450-460 NM chip and wish it was bluer. Certain corals just dont have the right pop I see in some other tanks. I might not have all the right blue wavelengths to activate those flourescent pigments.

What you explain is exactly the reason there's quite a few people going for those multichannel setups, 5 separate channels so they can tune each color independently. Although with a blue and a white multichip you could probably get the same effect. Might be interesting to put the blue right between and remove the lens (maybe make it closer to the tank) just to see if that's good enough to "blue up" what you got for both tanks.

I've been researching the dream chip and the lumia 5.1 chips and theyre essentially the same it seems. I just got an arduino recently also but am in the process of learning how to use it, so I probably wont have a chance to hook a 5 channel chip up anytime soon. The colors look amazing from those chips, and eventually I will switch what I have right now to that.

Back