Our mission

120g Build

First big step after gathering equipment and supplies. Put up my QT yesterday. Filling it with RO DI water is already a test of patience.

I'm going to stock up on as much water as I can make (and store) but this could get annoying for weekly water changes.

zyvyne4y.jpg

Filled a 5g bucket and have a couple more for ro/di storage. I need to figure out how to set up the float switch since I let a gallon hit the floor. Bath mat was super absorbent and was a great wash with the ultra clean water. QT been up about a week and still waiting for nitrite levels...zzzz

Very nice, almost looks as if there's no water in there as well. There's always the debate about glass vs acrylic for clarity but the fact of the matter is if you keep your glass clean (which is way easier than acrylic) you'll have a crystal clear view inside.

A bit of advice, the rocks seem to be very close to the sides of the tank. Now that could be fine, but do note it will be next to impossible to clean those areas.

Also I know this might sound silly but with all the talk of RO water, you did mix salt into the RO water before putting it in the tank right?

Not a great pic. There's room around the rocks but I'm not sure about the scape yet. May move some rocks around. A couple tight areas around one overflow. Glass needs to be cleaned from water and crud marks left by the slow fill.

I had a pretty good rhythm of mixing in the buckets while filling another.

Looks like you are running an Aqeon Sump?, I have the small one on y set up. How do you like the big one? Is that the largest model?

Thanks. Cheap dj power switches easily mounted in cabinet. Shouldn't have to use much but had come in super handy during set-up and will help during maintenance.

Aqueon proflex sump 4. Yes the big one. So far so good. Good fit for a 4' cabinet. I'd want a longer sump if I had a longer tank. Enough room for what else I want to add. Skimmer in return section and fill up the refugium with algae and maybe a few critters.

Aqueon proflex sump 4. Yes the big one. So far so good. Good fit for a 4' cabinet. I'd want a longer sump if I had a longer tank. Enough room for what else I want to add. Skimmer in return section and fill up the refugium with algae and maybe a few critters.

Yeah the return area is pretty large, It makes sense to have the skimmer in there. I had to put my skimmer in the middle chamber because the smallest difference in water level change , from evaporation, would cause my particular skimmer to act up.

Back