Kessil

130g custom build

Not sure about the price; mine is at a school so I got a deal. I would definitely call Jess at Diablo Corals and tell him what you're looking for. He suggested the 105's dimensions to me and I have seen other people order DSA from him. PM me if you need contact info.

Not sure about the price; mine is at a school so I got a deal. I would definitely call Jess at Diablo Corals and tell him what you're looking for. He suggested the 105's dimensions to me and I have seen other people order DSA from him. PM me if you need contact info.
The pricing is actually pretty similar for our full custom order. The only added cost is any shipping and crating fee, and we may be able to save some $$ there since Neptune is placing an order from their custom tank manufacturer anyway, so our tank can take the same truck as the store order. Also, with a left corner overflow we reserve the option to making the tank a peninsula for when we move.

I would consider a coast to coast external overflow. The total amount of surface skimming is much larger compared to a corner. Bean animal drain setup will be virtually silent n foolproof.

I would consider a coast to coast external overflow. The total amount of surface skimming is much larger compared to a corner. Bean animal drain setup will be virtually silent n foolproof.
The tank is going to be peninsula style viewable from all four sides so we wanted to maximize continuous viewable area.

Well, I'm excited to report today we took a huge step for this build. We paid for the tank and stand. Final specs are: 48L 26w 22h (est ~130 gallon). On 40h inch stand. Star fire on both long panes and right narrow pane win corner overflow on the right. Eurobraced. I'll be running a 36 inch tideline trigger sump. We'll use our 3 Vegas for light. For skimming for the short term I'll use my curve 7 and reefoctopus 1000ssss. The sump will have enough room to run both at once.

The tank is going to be peninsula style viewable from all four sides so we wanted to maximize continuous viewable area.

Can still do c2c but you've already ordered the tank so nvm.

Think I saw you and your significant other at Neptune this evening. Congratulations on the new tank! Very exciting!

Can still do c2c but you've already ordered the tank so nvm.

Think I saw you and your significant other at Neptune this evening. Congratulations on the new tank! Very exciting!
Coast to coast would obstruct a few inches off the top from one of the longer panes and external is just ugly as we have no where to hide it since the tank will be viewable from all 4 sides

Ah, I missed the viewable from all 4 sides part. Have you checked out Zero Edge tanks? Or considered a center box overflow?

Though with a center box, I don't know if you will need a brace to hold it.

I've heard of both and seen examples of both. With the high flow requires of an sps aquarium a zero edge tank wouldn't have even overflow and viewing the tank would be distorted. Center pillar overflow is also obstructive. Lots of good ideas but we're trying to keep to simple methods.

Just got the digital mock up for the tank from Neptune. Cant wait to see the real deal in a few weeks!

N04BlJr.jpg

Why 3/4" return? Can't fit 1"?

There's no need to over engineer. A single 3/4" can easily handle over 1500GPH flow rate, which is more than enough to give this tank a min of 7X turn-over rate. Keeping the hole smaller also increase the structural integrity of area inside the over flow foot print.

Back