Cali Kid Corals

20 gallon long AIO nano reef

FeliciaLynn said:
With just dry rock and bottled bacteria, don't you just have to wait a bit longer before you start adding things to make sure there's a good population of bacteria established in the rocks? I think this method works great for keeping out pests, but I'd just take it extra slow at the beginning since you're building up the bacteria population from nothing.

Maybe, we'll see. I think time could linearly decrease depending on how much of the bottled bacteria you introduce relative to the system. The Fritz that I'll get will be the 4 oz version rated for 80 gallons.

Well, I finally got the tank wet!

jOenQOnz6gWTvUPRGxlCVxIAE82YqcZhGIvJTKOJJSw

Here's a pic before I added sand

wAyUGcRJD2oABjQCYr0nDfjGKUDQ1ewfloeKgDBiud8

eJiDUw55xzg_0LB_ayTqmKqHq2Kdnk4NhVn93by1Yik

MyReefMonkey said:
Nice tank! I really like that overflow box

thanks!

i found some time to work on the tank this weekend. bought some egg crate and made a overflow rack to hold some filter floss. it was just floating around in the first chamber before the rack.

9021254495_12256cfa99_z.jpg

i also picked up free HOB filter that im converting into a HOB refugium. hopefully this plus my return pump will provide enough flow for my tank since the tunze 6025 and jabeo wp25 are to much for a my tank. i also cut out a larger opening in the cover of the HOB to let light in for the macro algae (probably chaeto). this HOB is perfect since it solves two problems i was having... one being to much flow with the two powerheads i have. the other was i didn't know how i was going to light the middle chamber of my overflow box that i was going to use as a refugium.

9021259973_f4b93e77e5_z.jpg

9023485566_969b6c2d2d_z.jpg

9021256221_a103d5bd2d_z.jpg

also picked up a frag of purple zoas from neptunes $10 frag tank. just shy of 20 ployps and they were all open and looking happy today. hopefully i'll be fragging them up next month and entering them into the DBTC program if all goes well.

9021325715_7644a3df94_z.jpg

Nice, it's coming along! What kind of light are you going to use for the HOB fuge? Very cool / creative idea.......it will be fun to see how it works out.

Fts after the move.

-Orange mushroom (from bondolo)
-orange ricordea (from bondolo)
-green ployp toadstool (from bondolo)
-undata (from bondolo)
-purple/blue zoas
-hairy green tipped mushrooms
-green ployp toadstool (rescue from crashed tank)
1373749976024.jpg

Here are some shots of my unknown zoas from Neptune's. This frag was the first addition to the tank and have doubled in size.

Going to try and frag it for my first entry into DBTC. So if anyone's interested let me know. Very hardy and really fast growers.

Started off at brownish purple, and have morphed into a really nice blue indigo color.

IMAG0210_ZOE006_SHOT.jpg

IMAG0379_ZOE006_SHOT.jpg

Back