Reef nutrition

25 mm PVC Coupler

Teague75

Supporting Member
Does anyone happen to know if there is somewhere in the Bay Area to purchase a 25 mm PVC coupler? I was installing a fleece roller in my RedSea Reefer 170 and broke the emergency drain pipe. I currently have it taped to together with electrical tape.

Does anyone happen to know if there is somewhere in the Bay Area to purchase a 25 mm PVC coupler? I was installing a fleece roller in my RedSea Reefer 170 and broke the emergency drain pipe. I currently have it taped to together with electrical tape.
I recently cracked my 170 while moving i kept the plumping. You can have all of it if you like for spare parts.

Here is a picture of my wonderful tape job to get me through the night. I also got a little OCD and over tightened the nuts on the connections to the bottom of the tank. I glued the nuts and they are drying in the garage.
4-9-24.jpg

Here is a picture of my wonderful tape job to get me through the night. I also got a little OCD and over tightened the nuts on the connections to the bottom of the tank. I glued the nuts and they are drying in the garage.
View attachment 54823
If you overtightened the bottom nuts, I'd double check the pipes because you probably cracked them. They are very thin at the threads.

Also if you're taking that apart, you might end up needing new rubber o rings. Especially if you were overtightening trying to stop a leak. Aquatic collection has them or you need to buy them online.

The above is exactly what happened to me. I have a little leak when tightening, so I tightened more, and then more, and then tried silicone tape. It kept leaking and I cracked the pipe. Multiple of them in fact, which really sucks because they're expensive.

Back