Neptune Aquatics

25% off dry goods at New Alameda Aquatics

What sort of dry goods do you have over there? I've looked at your website but that seems primarily coral based. Having been in there on Saturday (love the tort it's grown 3 inches since then! *j/k*), I only briefly noticed light bulbs.

Specifically I'm looking for 54w T5 bulbs and/or metal halide bulbs (250w variety) So Norm? Anyone who frequents? Mind doing some research for me? :)

Can I get a dry fish ;-) I was planning to swing by at the weekend to see the new version and pick out my new son a Fish. What hours is Jim keeping there?

Steve's been getting some decent dry goods.

I don't remember seeing T5, but I do remember seeing 250w 20k MH. What else have I seen.... Salifert and FastTest test kits, assorted tanks glass and acrylic, timers, heaters, those clip on halogen fixtures for nanos, pc lighting fixtures, coralife and other skimmers, tank supplements and meds, powerfilters, aquapods, flip up bases for the pc light fixtures... I kinda space out on stuff that I'm not specifically looking for.

I'll stop by tomorrow afternoon to look. I'm off work early tomorrow for dental appointment, so I have extra time to goof around too :)

What brand MH, and what color T5's? LMK what else you want me to check. I can pick up and hold stuff for you until the next meeting if you don't want to make a trip to Alameda.

I'm not particular about brand of MH, saying which ones I'd be willing to get would be too long of a list, in fact I'm sure if he does have MH he probably doesn't have many different brands (although 20kk is a bit too blue for me). T5 color? I'd be happy with any colors, so far I go with aquablue (or blue+) mixed with a "white" bulb either 6500k-11000k. Its not that I absolutely need the T5 bulbs now, but having some backups is nice.. especially if its 25% off.

I am actually in the market for some new MH's - While you are there Norm, see if they have any DE/HQI @14k - 250w, about time I got three new ones. I have the Phoenix ones now but could easily be swayed ... :) Also need some 24w PC's (straight pin) but I know they are not as easy to find.

Ok, checked out stuff this afternoon. No 54w T5, but there were others. No 250w SE bulbs. No DE bulbs. No 24w PC's, only 18w. Sorry guys.

I did do a quick scan of the major items available.

Tank systems with stands and lights in 15g, 20g, 38g, 40g, and 55g. I didn't write down the prices because there were too many, and you could mix and match components. Decent prices.

$80 - TruVu sump - good for up to 120g system
$70 - XM 20k 250w SE
$52 - Hamilton 20k 400w SE
$52 - Hamilton 20k 175w SE
$165 - 2x96w 36" PC fixture
$60 - Seio 1500
$52 - Seio 1100
$220 - Current chiller 1/10 hp (better double check if you want this one. my handwriting was too messy, but I think that was the price, unless it was $270, which is still cheap!)
$22 - Maxijet 1200
$?? - Maxijet 900
$9 - Marineland aquarium timer

There were a couple Eclipse systems, some nanocube type thing, Aqualight clip on halogen, all kinds of Kent products and the like.

Prices above were after discount.

I picked up timers and a Maxijet1200, myself.

Steve is especially trying to move out the tank systems.

In the near future we expect to stock a little of everything that a reef hobbyist would want. So, soon we will have at least one 54wt5, one 250 SE bulb and at least one DE bulb of different sizes. If you think of something NAA should stock that would make your life easier, let me know. :D

Lefty said:
In the near future we expect to stock a little of everything that a reef hobbyist would want. So, soon we will have at least one 54wt5, one 250 SE bulb and at least one DE bulb of different sizes. If you think of something NAA should stock that would make your life easier, let me know. :D

Lefty - Are you working there, like Bookfish, or are you a part owner?

Regards,

Roy

Back