got ethical husbandry?

"Blasto" your tax blues away- Offering #1

Lyn

Since it is tax day, I thought I'd offer some Blastomussas to make someone happy...to "Blasto" your tax blues away. Heehee :D
There are two offerings, so make sure you look for the other one.

"Blasto" your tax blues away! Offering #1

This is a red/orange with green center Blastomussa. Pretty much my favorite coral. It was my first pick from the August 2008 swap. Originally from Mr. Ugly. This frag has 4 heads. It is very sensitive to Alkalinity fluctuations and will show it by deflating when it is unhappy. This coral started out bright orange, but has since darkened to a red/orange. It has done well under med. lights and lots of target feeding. It is quite peaceful, so do not put it near an agressive coral.

IMGP4174-2.jpg

Requirements:

1. Please put me at the top of the DBTC list if I should lose mine.
2. Must be good with LPSs- have a proven track record with them. If you have put LPSs into DBTC, this is favorable. Please post it.
3. Promise to target feed it. It is a voracious eater of mysis, brine, etc, and loves to have each polyp fed. It's not necessary, but I try to feed each polyp at least sometimes.
4. Have a stable, fully cycled tank. Not less than 8 months. A picture of your tank would be nice. Post specs please.
5. Of course, you must be a BAR member in good standing
6. And continue to return frags to BAR DBTC until no one wants them anymore. Then and only then may you trade or sell. I got this through BAR and I would like it to stay in BAR. Since Blastos are slow growers, this should take your lifetime.

If you can abide by these rules, then you may put your name in the hat.

Oh, and one more thing...Tell me your favorite Startrek or Star Wars line or scene.

My hubby and I crack up at one of the last Next Gen scenes where the crew are playing a friendly baseball game with another ships crew and Warf yells out, "DEATH to the opposition!" :bigsmile:

My favorite Star Trek is the Trouble with Tribbles. All these furry little animals start multiplying on the Enterprise and popping out of all different places. Cute.

patchin said:
My favorite Star Trek is the Trouble with Tribbles. All these furry little animals start multiplying on the Enterprise and popping out of all different places. Cute.

Yes! especially the part when they send all the tribbles over to the klingon ship! :D

OK so I really like Blastomussa and would love to keep moving this guy forward. Never sell either.

OK I did think if one favorite character, Sigourney Weaver as the love interest on the spoof. That was great casting. Richard

I'd love to be considered for this one Sherri. Unfortunately I have no favorite Star Wars/Startrek moment but I do have this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZNPxxRU4Wc
(Not for kids, Spaceballs segment)

Could everyone please post the important tank specs ( I know you all have great tanks, but to keep with in the rules...)

Patchin, are you playing for the frag or just playing the Star Trek part?

Jay, thanks for the clip, and the warning. Very considerate. :D

Yes, I'm playing, can I? Huh, huh Going out of town til tomorrow night. Will test parameters then. Usually alk 9 Ca 425 ph?

Here's a comedian doing Shatner and a crew of "real" actors. Funny!
http://www.sliceofscifi.com/2008/03/05/a-kevin-pollack-star-trek-oldie-but-goodie/

Here goes:

1. of course
2. http://www.bareefers.org/home/node/3896
3. Hungry blasto's eating in my tank
DSC00135.JPG

4. Link below to my 28 gallon
5. BAR member, depends on who you ask
6. Definately

Tank is 36g with 13g refugium. Started in June '08, so nearly a year now. 114W PC, current blasto above center of tank. Skimmer runs occasionally. Rio 14HF return and two koralia 1's

I hand feed once a week mysis and sometimes mid week pellets.

dKH 8.6 and CA 430, before the weekly 4+g water change.

My corals are still filling in so no chains started. I have no plans to sell corals so they will be available. One Sunset monti frag and one pink blasto frag coming soon.

Thanks Sherri for offering up this coral.

Attached files

Back