Reef nutrition

45 Gallon Slice of Heaven

I think you will like the rw8 more than the w25. I recently purchased a rw15 for my 150 and it is working great. Today I ordered rw8 for the other side. Will probably alternate them every hour. These pumps are very powerful so you will probably have to keep the power down to the 1-4 setting. That's what I have on with the rw15 in a 60 in. tank. In fact that's the reason I ordered the rw8 instead of another rw15. By the way Amazon has them for 89.00 with no tax or shipping charge. Also the "else" mode is preset at the highest range, which may be too high for a 45 gal tank, but the wave 1 setting works very well and you ramp the speed up and down to suit your needs.

I think you will like the rw8 more than the w25. I recently purchased a rw15 for my 150 and it is working great. Today I ordered rw8 for the other side. Will probably alternate them every hour. These pumps are very powerful so you will probably have to keep the power down to the 1-4 setting. That's what I have on with the rw15 in a 60 in. tank. In fact that's the reason I ordered the rw8 instead of another rw15. By the way Amazon has them for 89.00 with no tax or shipping charge. Also the "else" mode is preset at the highest range, which may be too high for a 45 gal tank, but the wave 1 setting works very well and you ramp the speed up and down to suit your needs.

F6553066 Thanks for the info. I was waiting for Aqua Exotic to get the RW8 cuz I have a gift card there that would pay for most of it. Matt also has a power regulator there that will ramp down the unit so the flow will be more manageable in a smaller tank. My only concern is the size those RW8's are basically the same size as the WP25. I might be inclined to wait for the Riptide that thing looks like it moves a lot of water.

I don' know anything about the Riptide , but I do know that the rw8 or 15 will have more than enough water movement than you will need for a 45. gal. tank.. If you want to see my pumps your welcome to come over.

Back