Reef nutrition

5th SF tank tour - Sat Feb 28th 2009

Photos taken by Matthew

Arnold with a skimmer in the background.
ArnoldSkimmerRoom.jpg

One of the many hallways (leaving the filtration room).
Hallwayleavingfiltration.jpg

Another Hallway. (heading to Quarantine room).
QuarantineroomHallway.jpg

Instant Ocean bags used to raise salinity of natural seawater.
InstantOcean.jpg

Sand filters in the filtration room.
QuarantineTank.

Some more photos.

Quarantine tank in the quarantine room.
QuarantineTank.jpg

Calcium reactors.
Filtration.jpg

Calcium reactors 2.
CalciumReactors.jpg

Filtration room.
Filtration2.jpg

Sand filters in the filtration room.
SandFilters.jpg

I as well would like to thank everyone for a great day. I learned several things to try from those of you that were kind enough to entertain my questions. If there were an East bay tour I would be happy to sign up for showing if my schedule allows.

Jim

I second the East bay tour. However, my tank is still recovering from a recent tank crash. :'( May not be worth showing.

Ian's tank... see his "upgrade" thread, plus I've been there enough times to know what it looks like, Arnold's didn't stop by, Mark's I've seen before, just crammed into a much smaller place, and Arman's I didn't have the stamina to go to... although the temptation of the ultimate-trifle was there.

[quote author=Guihan link=topic=5841.msg86393#msg86393 date=1236213874]
I second the East bay tour. However, my tank is still recovering from a recent tank crash. :'( May not be worth showing.
[/quote]

Perhaps in a couple months? :D

Didn't take pics of Ian's since he takes some fine pics himself, so I didn't think it was worth the trouble. :D

Didn't make it out to Arman's place afterwards, so no pics from that tank either. I have some from Arnold's and Mark's tank which I haven't had time to process yet. The number of pics dropped off the chart as the tour continued and being ushered from one stop to the next.

[quote author=Ibn link=topic=5841.msg85655#msg85655 date=1235975837]

This one is for Karl and his donation.
D2X_5032.jpg

[/quote]

I missed this! Thanks, Eric! Could you email it to me?

Yup, I can do that, Karl. I'll shoot you an email later on tonight when I get home.

PS...pull your email off. I have it saved.

Tony my tank wasn't worth taking pictures of.....I had some sps tips dying, and 1 gigas clam was showing signs of some iritation. I lost some color too, the only thing that kept people entertained was that at least the tank was still full. Hopefully the corals will color up again.

Arnold, you had sand too! Serious though I liked the maturity of your tank, and all the tanks with older more filled out animals in them. I also really liked seeing you go in with scissors and snip frags to hand off. So care free, and generous.

: ) that's right I was the only one with sand in their tank...even Arman went Bare bottom...or GSP bottom.. : )

[quote author=yardartist link=topic=5841.msg87366#msg87366 date=1236665556]
Arnold, you had sand too! Serious though I liked the maturity of your tank, and all the tanks with older more filled out animals in them. I also really liked seeing you go in with scissors and snip frags to hand off. So care free, and generous.

[/quote]

I also liked the fact that your tank was more diversified. You had lots of softies, those 2 giant clams, sand, etc. Little (or large) bits of everything makes for an interesting and more organic and natural looking tank. :D Plus your "filtration system" was natural too. The opposite of the higher tech systems. I learned alot by observing and learning about your tank, as well as the other systems. There is more than one way to have a sucessful and beautiful tank. :D

Back