Reef nutrition

72 gal Oceanic bowfront

72 gal bowfront on customized cabinet , w/ overflow, 20 gallon sump. Red sea classic skimmer, jebo uv sterilizer, koralia 4 and rio's flowing. T5's 2x10k 2x actinic plus giessmans. Tank has been stocked for 4 months with live Tongan, Marshall Island and Fiji rock and live sand.
Livestock:
9 damsels
1 clarkie(kato's)
1 fuzzy dwarf lion
1 chocolate chip star
1 tiger tail
1 cleaner shrimp
2 emerald crabs
corals:

large torch coral
frogspawn
green bubbletip anenome
green star polyps
feather duster
bright green mushroom
purple mushroom
nuclear green palys
purple death palys
devils armor zoa's
blue orgasm zoa's
kenya tree
green button polyps
bright green florida richordia
leather toadstool

Attached files /attachments/sites/default/files/HPIM2522.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/HPIM2525.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_0217.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_0261.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_0265.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_0269.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_0276.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_0279.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_0284.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_0300.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_0301.JPG

initialsetup.jpg

initialsetup2.jpg

drillingtop.jpg

cab.jpg

I like bow-fronts a lot, specially 72's but lack of space made me go for a 46, I love the little tank the only thing is how to fit equipment under such space.

Bryan: I thought today was Tuesday and showed up at church to pick my son from his after-school program... the heat is indeed affecting me.

BTW I am a graduate from a 72 bowfront. I had a love/hate relationship with it.

Chocolate Chip stars aren't usually ideal for reef tanks from what I remember. FWIW

I'm graduating myself up to a 100gal truvu this next month,setup should be much better than the 72
and with new MH/VHO lighting.

The choc star hasnt shown any signs of aggressiveness over the past 2 month he's been in there,
but I'm watching him closely...
thanks for the heads up

If he does let me know. They make great food for my harlequin ;) . I keep a couple in my fuge for feeders.

I think you will be very happy with a rectangular tank. The bow is nice for visual and even for aquascaping but a Real PITA when it comes to taking pictures and building a canopy for any reasonable amount.

I agree, the canopy thing has been the biggest issue for me. The tank has some scratches in it that also bother the begeezus out of me. Also the overflow takes up too much space in the tank.
I cannot wait for the rectangular to be setup!! All I seem to have about the bow is complaints...so that tells me something.....bring in the rectangular!!! :santa: It'll be just like christmas all over again...a whole new setup!!!

Having also been a several year 72 bow veteran, I am SOO happy with rectangular tanks. The biggest problems with the bow for me were:

1) Cramped sump space
2) Hard to light evenly
3) Could only really view the tank straight on. There's some weird visual distortion which for me at least reduces the viewing angle when looking at a bf. Also made it hard to photo corals well.

That said, non-hobbyists who saw my old BF always liked it because it felt less aquariumy if that makes sense...

I think you'll really like going rectangular. :)

Back