Our mission

A chance to see me make a fool out of myself

I think Danielle's exact words were "I am fine if you want to do this every 6-8 weeks when they play".

Plus the added bonus of hearing Jeremy sing flasetto on Witchy woman is worth it regardless.

I'm gonna make a fool of myself on Saturday again if anyone is interested, same place same time. This time we backing vocals, and percussion ;D.

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=3409.msg46531#msg46531 date=1213910257]
If he is in Amsterdam, there won't be much playing ;)
[/quote]Don't think for a second that I wouldn't be in the red light district...... playing of course!

July 5th I'll be at the Little Fox Theater in Redwood City, the show is sold out, however I'm sitting on a couple of tickets that I've been too lazy to sell if anyone is interested.

BTW, Thanks Steve and Theresa for coming out the other night! We had a blast!

We had a good time. It was a beautiful day on the coast and the place was a zoo. Waited an hour for a table, but got to sit around a fire pit for most of the time. The band is really good. Wide variety of tunes. Excellent rhythm section ;) Good vocals. Fun place. The place, evidently, has a wide variety of bands, too. A lot jazzy blues, according to their listing.

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=3409.msg47500#msg47500 date=1214614740]
July 5th I'll be at the Little Fox Theater in Redwood City, the show is sold out, however I'm sitting on a couple of tickets that I've been too lazy to sell if anyone is interested.

[/quote]

man if you played down here I'd go see you in a heart beat :) the 5tyh you say? Hmmm. I might be up depending on my Sunday plans that sounds doable. Do they serve drinks @ that place? :D

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=3409.msg47538#msg47538 date=1214683930]
[quote author=tuberider link=topic=3409.msg47500#msg47500 date=1214614740]

[/quote]

man if you played down here I'd go see you in a heart beat :) the 5tyh you say? Hmmm. I might be up depending on my Sunday plans that sounds doable. Do they serve drinks @ that place? :D
[/quote]Crow's Nest? Played there a little while ago, I'd love to play there again. That's pretty close, or how 'bout the Seabright Brewery? That's real close right? I'm working on it, if you have any contacts at Seabright I'll give them a buzz. Think of it as a show just for you Gresh.

AFA drinks at the Little Fox, thank god they do, I'm the only non-sober person in the band, the rest are the cult of the 12 steps. I'd hate to play sober :D

I used to know the owners of Seabright, not sure if it sold since then or not. I'll see :) Both are within walking distance, er, stumbling distance :D

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=3409.msg47542#msg47542 date=1214685805]
I used to know the owners of Seabright, not sure if it sold since then or not. I'll see :) Both are within walking distance, er, stumbling distance :D
[/quote]Yeeeeah Booiiieee!!! Your lucky (I think) to have a couple of fun places within walking distance, I have a mini mart that sells 40s :p

We do have an amazing sushi place that I will be stumbling out of this evening, I'm looking forward to some Ankimo.

I have a couple of questions for you Gresham, What was the name of the sushi place in the city you were telling me about a little while back?

Also do you know the Japanese name for Butter fish? I would like to try it!

The place in the city I'll need to get the name from a friend. It only seats like less then 10 people :) near the Mission right of Market.

butterfish, darn, forgot that as well.

If I were not so broke I'd drive up tonight and crash your dinner :)

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=3409.msg47544#msg47544 date=1214686284]
If I were not so broke I'd drive up tonight and crash your dinner :)
[/quote]

You're not alone on the broke part, I ate PB&J all week to afford to go out tonight. I really need my sushi/saki/wasabi fix, I'll toss down a really big piece of toro for ya!

I've been craving Sushi for WEEKS. I could afford it if I push back my other tank part purchase until next paycheck. I just took a vacation and a F-up made my 80 hours turn into 33 paid hours :( Can of Tuna for lunch this coming week :D

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=3409.msg47546#msg47546 date=1214686813]
I've been craving Sushi for WEEKS. I could afford it if I push back my other tank part purchase until next paycheck. I just took a vacation and a F-up made my 80 hours turn into 33 paid hours :( Can of Tuna for lunch this coming week :D
[/quote]That my friend is why I'm not going to upgrade my tank for a while. Granted I'm not in your "I don't have a display tank" position, but man when you live paycheck to paycheck they're like a cancer even if you do have friends in the business.

Butterfish is Medai, looks tasty, Don't eat too much though from what I've read it's like eating Castor oil :-[

Not at all, or at least none I've had was like that :)

While I don't have a DT running I do have enough parts and tanks to make a very nice Gallery type store :) You should see all tht crap I ahve :)

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=3409.msg47548#msg47548 date=1214687402]
Not at all, or at least none I've had was like that :)

While I don't have a DT running I do have enough parts and tanks to make a very nice Gallery type store :) You should see all tht crap I ahve :)
[/quote]Tell me when and I'll come down and help you set it up, you can use whatever gear I have (which you most likely have already :D)

The tank is with Max awaiting my stand/canopy plans to be emailed to him :) I just need to get the stand/canopy built and I am in business :) I don't have a return pump yet...not sure what I'm going to use either. I'm not going to push 50x turnover thru my sump this time, more like 10x. Skimmers, reactors, heaters and such do a bit better when you don't slam water thru your sump IMO/IME :D

Back