Our mission

A Fish Story( Thank You @Kensington Reefer )

Let tell you guys a story of a person who I meant a few years ago. He’s a fellow aquarist. I had the privilege of going to his house a seeing his setup. It was very simple no expense controllers , testers, gimmicks. No fancy sumps. It was just a huge aquarium with a Rubbermaid sump. Everything was plugged into an outlet. Lights were on dial timers. This guy was reefing with 90’s tech. So what’s the big deal ? Why am I writing this ? He not a coral guy. He’s a fish guy.
Well , it’s when you looked into his aquarium. This guy can keep fish. I don’t know if you guys know. When you get fish from the fish store they are 95% B to C grade fish. It’s extremely rare and hard to find A grade fish. Once in a blue moon you’ll see a A grade fish. Well this guy didn’t have 1. He had many. I mean many. The colors were amazing. The fish are extremely thick. Not 1 or 2 thick fish. All his fish are thick. When I say thick. We are talking about 1-1.5” thick. You really don’t realize how much this guy knows until you ask him questions and he answers in a way that your like huh ??? Interesting. When he post. I think his knowledge gets lost in the noise of the internet. I've been in this hobby for an extremely long time. In those years I’ve probably seen over 100 thousand fish. As I’m a fish nerd. Corals are second.
I was fortunate enough to acquire a mated pair of Hawaiian Potters Angels. Talk about winning the lottery. All I can say is thank you I appreciate you for your support and knowledge. Sorry for the long post. I’m a little giddy of actually getting my dream fish. My apologies. I suck at taking pictures.
Old school reefers. Who am I talking about ? Here is the reef the fish came out of.
1711671903215.png

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 58
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
After asking a few times. He finally said I could reveal his name. Erin @Kensington Reefer is the person who I was referring too. His systems are so basic yet effective. So effective he raised a freshwater puffer fish from the size of your pinky to about 30” that’s 2 1/2 feet. Even if he post a picture. It’s not until you see it in real life. Where your like Oh Man. That fish is huge. Amazing. Thanks again Erin @Kensington Reefer for the beautiful fish and the advice over the years.

Wait, if I visit @Kensington Reefer, I can take home some fish? Erin has been super helpful to me. He was the first person that give me some real coral when I was given a saltwater tank by my uncle-in-law. I went to his store, the Octopus Garden. I was a freshwater/planted tank guy. I traded him some cherry red shrimp for some easy corals.

Wait, if I visit @Kensington Reefer, I can take home some fish? Erin has been super helpful to me. He was the first person that give me some real coral when I was given a saltwater tank by my uncle-in-law. I went to his store, the Octopus Garden. I was a freshwater/planted tank guy. I traded him some cherry red shrimp for some easy corals.
Do you know the secret handshake ? Lol.
Yeah. I blame @Kensington Reefer for you coral addiction. Now you’re hooked with a full blow reef and because of him. Bad man. Bad Bad man. Hehehehe.

It’s all Boun’s fault!
That’s my story, and I’m sticking to it!
At least until I blame someone else!
Feed your fish and corals
Change lots of water
You can too

The pic with the monster size turbinaria is the tank they were in before they came to me.

It’s all Boun’s fault!
That’s my story, and I’m sticking to it!
At least until I blame someone else!
Feed your fish and corals
Change lots of water
You can too

The pic with the monster size turbinaria is the tank they were in before they came to me.
I blame you Erin. I don't even have a planted tank anymore :) I think I will have to start doing water change now

Back