Neptune Aquatics

A700 Settings

Robert, I did damage to my wallet yesterday, picking up an A700 at the store.

I am getting ready to expand to SPS (more Neptune damage to my wallet).

I'd like to match A700 settings you are using to increase my chances of success.

Can you share your settings?

Thanks,

Jim

hello,
what type of tank do you have? I've been out of this hobby about 7yrs looking to get back into it. trying to figure out between A700 or Radion G4 w/ CADlights 100g artisan or Red sea reefer 350. thoughts anyone?

thanks

A single Radion is definitely going to be two small for a 4' long tank, you'd definitely want 2. So that would put the G4 into more pricey range since you'd need 2. The A700 should give you the spread that you need, but having 2 "point" sources where all the light is coming from you'll get some shadowing on the outside edges of rockwork which is something you wouldn't see with T5s or metal halides with big reflectors (assuming you were using this as lighting 7 years ago). So that also is something to keep in mind when thinking about what you are planning about doing inside the tank. Other options too is to get even more LEDs, just maybe different brands that are a bit cheaper then you could get over lapping cones of light ... but yeah, LEDs as great as they are do require you to think a bit more.

Back