Kessil

AI Vega LEDs

Contacted AI directly and tried to get a bit more info on the new lights getting released. Still no date, but a bit more clarification on te specs

- Smaller profile,
- incorporates the new Cree line XML series (5 watt) Cool White LEDs for more intensity
- Wireless Integrated
- independently controlled allowing you to isolate your units and be able to control each one at different settings
- 20 total LEDs at 5 LEDs per lens (total of 4 lenses)
- specifically engineered to provide more even distribution to your tank (spread)
- SOL will still be preferred for DD tanks
- New sweeping cloud cover effect

Think I'll wait to get these over the Sols, hope this info help you guys on the fence buying LEDs now

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up, and the clarification. I can't wait to see them over a tank.

I'm embarrassed to ask, but what do you mean by "DD" tanks? Deep tanks? Sorry, still learning the lingo. Thanks.

Kmooresf said:
Awesome! Thanks for the heads up, and the clarification. I can't wait to see them over a tank.

I'm embarrassed to ask, but what do you mean by "DD" tanks? Deep tanks? Sorry, still learning the lingo. Thanks.

That is what they said to him ;)

DD = deep dimension... its a Marineland trademark.

http://www.marineland.com/sites/marineland/products/Detail.aspx?id=3373

I suspect its now a codeword for any tank that has a deeper foot print (front to rear)

Back