Reef nutrition

anemone turn brown!!!

Hi everyone i just brought this purple tips anemone about 2 months ago . Everything are good, but just turn brown in these two months.also everything are also good, any happen ? How to make it true nice white and purple again? Now actually is ugly,Thanks!
3906befafb8d091505c227e518675e1d.jpg

81d57d62c50ff0f035e8b588245f126f.jpg

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

Lower nitrates and don't feed it as much. Most people overfeed their anemones. They actually get all the calories they need from photosyntheis, capturing food is just for nutrients to grow. Incidental fish food or microfauna like copepods generally provide enough to sustain anemones.

Lower nitrates and don't feed it as much. Most people overfeed their anemones. They actually get all the calories they need from photosyntheis, capturing food is just for nutrients to grow. Incidental fish food or microfauna like copepods generally provide enough to sustain anemones.
thanks your replay , but my nitrates under 5ppm also i doesn't feed them to much.

I think the brown is the color of the zooxantheale, maybe being extra brown means it has lots of light, enabling it to multiply within the anemone? In anycase, I think darker anemones are healtheir than the bleached whitish color ... from my experience with BTAs anyway.

V

Back