Jestersix

Another Coral Thief at Neptune Aquatics

Wow... I cannot believe people do this kind of crap. That's a nice scoly. So sorry man. I hope he gets caught.

Robert, if I were you, I would put up another camera right outside (a wide angle) in case it happens again, GOD forbid. This way you would be able to catch the getaway car's plate number.

Thanks for the all your kind words of encouragement guys.

The exterior camera wouldn't have help because we also found out that the culprit also had an accomplice that parked outside our parking lot where it would've been outside the camera's point of view.

Yeah...seems like this was all planned out.

On the bright side, we'll get to sharpen our pitch forks with Jeremy's too! J)

This is absolutely outrageous. I can not stand thieves.
On a side note, are we sure that guys not from the future? I question his fashion sense.

I can't believe the gall of some people. I was thinking that it would be great to have cameras outside too.

I'm so sorry this happened. :( I hope they are caught!

Very bad Karma. Here's to a quick apprehension and appropriate punishment. A close encounter with a box jellyfish. J)

I agree that you need to place a camera facing the parking lot to archive license plate numbers of visitors.

THis is going to sound crazy, but "fix/adjust" your door so that the most likely means for them to exit/entrance results in a fingerprint being deposited. If something like this happens, and no one touches anything else, you got definitive prints.

Rob, I think we should go shooting and take a bunch of pics, then hang them up next to one of those signs that says

"This store protected by a 357"

Gomer said:
THis is going to sound crazy, but "fix/adjust" your door so that the most likely means for them to exit/entrance results in a fingerprint being deposited. If something like this happens, and no one touches anything else, you got definitive prints.

Do what liquor stores do and reverse the door directions so it has to open in. That makes it harder to open when in a hurry carrying a box.

GreshamH said:
Gomer said:

Do what liquor stores do and reverse the door directions so it has to open in and put a sawed off shotgun behind the counter. That makes it harder to open when in a hurry carrying a box.
:D

Another idea is to move (I know it's a PITA) the register too inside the door to the fish room, it seems to me that the problem is two fold. First when you are checking someone out you can no longer see the fish room leading to wet pockets, second people are just a few steps from their car when they are in the current check out area.

Don't go easy on these guys like the last ones, you may have shown a soft underbelly which scum pick up on quickly.

Sorry to hear about this and hope the thief gets caught. Glad to see a posting on Reef Builders regarding this.

I like the idea of reversing the door, it just makes it that much more of an impediment. In terms of finger printing the place, being that it is a place where people are actively coming and going it would be hard to differentiate who's fingerprints are who's. As a youth I worked in a small grocery store and was robbed at gun point. The police did come out and take prints off of areas that the guy may have touched, but the guy doing the finger printing said that there were so many prints it likely wouldn't amount to anything meaningful. (In the end the guy got busted on something else, and with my description and another witness it went to court...The guy got 7 years for using a gun, and not his first time!)

At any rate, I hope someone is able to ID this guy and appropriate action is taken

Robert & Cerissa, I was thinking about that day. He came in with a list from products that was hand written off the internet. My impression of him is that he did not know didly about reefing. It could be along shot, but I think he was paid to do it for someone else :(

wahoo so I heard they caught them today :) I'll let some one else tell the story though, he's still @ work ;)

Back