Jestersix

Another Coral Thief at Neptune Aquatics

interesting on what type of time these guys would get in the legal system? total cost of stolen goods, intent to sell stolen goods, etc. etc..

I personally know of one guy who stole 2k in Ausi Acans (when they were HOT about 1.5 years ago) from another store, was foolish enough to come back a month later. Was detained at store, till cops arrived, arrested, put in squad car. THEN released 20 min later, after sitting in the parking lot. "Supposedly" they were gonna prosecute him, but the store never herd anything more about it. When you call the Detectives, they say they have more "important issues", no updates on case or anything available..... Complete BS.

The original "reporting" officer said it was more "sever" because the items stolen were"alive". Allot of good that did.

So basically, crooks need a 357 on them instead of a camera, to keep things fair.

Ive also seen that guy before, wearing the same glasses, but prolly nothing to steal at LGF :p

tuberider said:
I don't think so, these guys are of a different persuasion if you know what I mean...
GreshamH said:
Wait you saying they're gay thieves? :)
I don't think these comments were necessary. They make me sad. :(

BTW, besides being charged for theft, shouldn't they be charged with cruelty to animals?

Lyn said:
tuberider said:
I don't think so, these guys are of a different persuasion if you know what I mean...
GreshamH said:

BTW, besides being charged for theft, shouldn't they be charged with cruelty to animals?
Nope. Corals aren't considered "animals" by the law and even if they were, just what cruelty was done upon them? A person stealing a dog doesn't get charged for animal cruelty, well that is unless they did something to harm the dog.

Persuasion could mean they're transgender, not all TG are gay. I wanted clarification. The dude looked like he could be a TG ;) In fact he looks like one I know, which highly influenced my post!

I'll PM you the rest!

Actually in our overly p.c. world we live in I could not name specific cultures because people get upset, so I said persuasion instead in an attempt to not offend anyone yet give a hint into the situation.

persuasion

The act of persuading or the state of being persuaded: "The persuasion of a democracy to big changes is at best a slow process" (Harold J. Laski).

The ability or power to persuade: "Three foremost aids to persuasion which occur to me are humility, concentration, and gusto" (Marianne Moore).

A strongly held opinion; a conviction.

1. A body of religious beliefs; a religion: worshipers of various persuasions.

2. A party, faction, or group holding to a particular set of ideas or beliefs.

tuberider said:

When you said different persuasion I thought you meant these guys are fresh water hobbyists. :bigsmile:

sid700 said:
tuberider said:

When you said different persuasion I thought you meant these guys are fresh water hobbyists. :bigsmile:

:lol:

Can you imagine these guys in the prison yard:

Prisoner #1: I'm doing 20 for manslaughter. That's why I have this teardrop tat by my eye.
Prisoner #2: This is my third strike so I'm stuck here for life for the armed robbery I done did last month.
Prisoner #1: What about you, neo looking dude?
Neo the Coral Bandit: I'm here for stealing some sweet frags. They were rainbow acans so it was almost worth it. Attica! Attica!

Hahaha! I must be getting loopy.

patrickb said:
Can you imagine these guys in the prison yard:

Prisoner #1: I'm doing 20 for manslaughter. That's why I have this teardrop tat by my eye.
Prisoner #2: This is my third strike so I'm stuck here for life for the armed robbery I done did last month.
Prisoner #1: What about you, neo looking dude?
Neo the Coral Bandit: I'm here for stealing some sweet frags. They were rainbow acans so it was almost worth it. Attica! Attica!

Hahaha! I must be getting loopy.
:lol:

Prisoner #1 killed some one then ;) It's not about doing time, it's about killing while doing time ;(

GreshamH said:
I wish our :lol: would actually laugh :(
laughingsmiley.gif

Lyn said:
tuberider said:
GreshamH said:

They make me happy. It's just word play on the word "persuasion" and I love word play.

Nobody said anything bad about being gay. That would make me sad and I would be pretty swift to bring down the admin hammer on it.

Yes Erin,

I was sad because I misinterpreted what was said, and I was especially confused considering the sources. I know tuberider and Gresham are not "mean" people. I didn't want anyone to feel ostracized from the club because those comments could be misinterpreted to have a negative slant. I'm happy now because I know that those comments were not made to offend anyone. :)

Perhaps, when posting online for all the world to read, we need to be careful of how we word things. Not everyone can read our minds and understand the intent behind the words.

Vincerama2 said:
If no one said it already, keep an eye on Craigslist and eBay to see who might be selling such corals.

V

Why, they got the corals back and the crooks are in jail (or rather were caught) ;)

Welcome to a couple weeks ago Vince :lol:

http://reefbuilders.com/2010/02/01/karma-works-neptune-aquatics-coral-bandits-arrested/

Back