Neptune Aquatics

Any local stand and canopy builder around here?

Eileen
thank you very much

Mike

Thanks. At first she was like wanting to know what it was going to look like. I told her to trust me and that she will be very happy. Well at the end she was very happy with the color matching I got.
She sits at night in the living room turn off all the house lights and stares at the tank, until the kids come out their rooms asking all kind of things.

Hi John
Thanks,
The Canopy and stand doors are from an old kitchen cabinets that I save while doing a kitchen remodeling job.m I had to strip the old stain and refinish the doors before putting the new stain. The door for the side cabinet where I keep the supplements I had to build them from scratch.

Hi John,

There you go.... Good job. :star:

Sounds like you're on the "board, I mean road to happiness."

I'm probably going to have to communicate with that guy in Vegas, I told you, about. I'll ask him if he has changed his mind about what you and I spoke about, and keep you posted too....

Joel

Orion said:
Hi John
Thanks,
The Canopy and stand doors are from an old kitchen cabinets that I save while doing a kitchen remodeling job.m I had to strip the old stain and refinish the doors before putting the new stain. The door for the side cabinet where I keep the supplements I had to build them from scratch.

Hi Gus, do you know anywhere in the Bay Area that sells cabinet doors for a good price? Any good places that sell lumber besides the usual HD or Lowes?

John, check out this online store. Their prices are pretty good.
https://securewsch01.websitecomplete.com/cabinetdoorsandhardw/shop/showDept.asp

If you are in SJ, check out Southern Lumber on Alma. They have great selection. When I build my stand, I always buy the wood their. The stuff at HD/Lowes are not that great.

Elite said:
John, check out this online store. Their prices are pretty good.
https://securewsch01.websitecomplete.com/cabinetdoorsandhardw/shop/showDept.asp

If you are in SJ, check out Southern Lumber on Alma. They have great selection. When I build my stand, I always buy the wood their. The stuff at HD/Lowes are not that great.

Thanks, Phong!

John
I am in Fremont, CA.
In the East Bay I suggest:
Golden Gate Lumber (Newark)
Sunnyvale Lumber (Fremont)
Economy Lumber (Oakland)
Ashby Lumber (Berkeley)
Truitt & White (Berkeley)

Macbeath is a great place to tromp around. My dad used to bring me to the Bezerkly one :)

Went to check out cabinetdoorsandhardware.com and google stopped me, saying the website was uploading malicious software(trojans) to visiting websites. Bummer, as I've heard good things about them. Now I'm scared to go there!

earthboy17 said:
Went to check out cabinetdoorsandhardware.com and google stopped me, saying the website was uploading malicious software(trojans) to visiting websites. Bummer, as I've heard good things about them. Now I'm scared to go there!

earthboy17 use Phong's link above.

Hi Gus, I'd like to take you up on your offer for a stand and canopy if it is still available! I couldn't figure out a way to PM you or anything, so I hope you catch this. I'm not quite satisfied with the stand I bought with the tank. I'd love to build it myself but living in an apartment makes for pissed off neighbors when I operate power tools on my balcony ;) Let me know what you charge and we can work something out. It will be for a 60"x 16" x 24" tank (approximately... plastic trim).

As a non member you do not have the ability to PM, or see some other forums.

You're golden.... you have 2010 BAR member listed in your groups section :) Welcome to BAR :)

If anyone is interested, check out my build thread on my canopy/stand. My brother built this from scratch/raw lumber. You will need a Plainer, etc to be able to finish raw boards at a professional level. Hard wood at HD is a lot more expensive than buying raw boards from Macbeath. All plans are established via computer software as well. This is my bros hobby and not his profession, so in other words he does not make his living off of woodworking. He has built out his entire home office as well as his family room media niches, etc. Building stands and canopies at a top level is relatively simple in comparison.

Anyone intersted in having work done, check out my build and see if you like what he did with mine. If you do, PM me for contact info and we can talk about what you have in mind.

Here are some build shots:

_MG_6484-1.jpg

_MG_6475.jpg

IMG_6564.jpg

IMG_6560.jpg

IMG_6565.jpg

IMG_6563.jpg

_MG_6486.jpg

_MG_6485.jpg

_MG_6481.jpg

IMG_6566.jpg

IMG_6562.jpg