High Tide Aquatics

Any Sports card collectors out there?

under_water_ninja

High Tide Aquatics
LFS Owner
I am a huge sports card collector and I have many many items. I have a lot of old stuff but I mostly have all new stuff from 05 on up! Tons of Rookies, game used, and auto's. Couple of examples: Aaron Rodgers Exquisite collection auto rc, frank gore exquisite collection rc auto, Adrian peterson Etopps rc auto limited to 100, I could go on and on....... The Rodgers card just sold for 420 on ebay! If you are interested in cards let me know. i will be willing to trade for aquarium stuff!!! Times are ruff and I am going to start breaking down some of my collection! I also have tons of Mcfarlane figures and Starting Lineup Figures.

Just got a few new cards in if anyone is interested.
08' OJ Mayo Topps Draft Day Auto. This is his first auto card! It was special ordered through topps and signed on draft day. mayo is on pace to win the Rookie of the Year!!!!!This card is limited to 100. The card is actually #ed 100/100

07' Patrick Willis Exquisite Collection Gold Auto #ed to /99 with four color jersey patch!

07' Adrian Peterson Donruss Classics Rc Auto #ed 1/100. Thats right, the first card off the press!!!!!!

many more.....

If you are looking for certain players or certain cards let me know.
If you want a list of stuff I have, let me know.
I also have many figures, starting lineup and Mcfarlane!!!!

I have some old stuff from the 70's and 80's stashed away, but haven't actually collected since the early nineties. Just way too much production and way to many different companies out there. It got way too frustrating for me.

Yeah, Tell me about it!! all of our old stuff isnt worth crap anymore!!! I spent years and years collecting stuff as a kid, countless of hours at my local card shop! Going to shows, getting boxes for xmas! Spending my hard earned money on that extra hard to find frank thomas card! or buying boxes of upperdeck trying to get the Griffy Jr. rookie!!! After all those years of collecting all my old stuff isnt worth anything. Remember when you could buy a pack of cards for about $1. now you can buy a pack for about $10 and you get 4 or 5 cards! the market is crazy now days!!!!! But a lot more money involved now!

[quote author=newreefnut link=topic=5653.msg74517#msg74517 date=1231965692]
Yeah, Tell me about it!! all of our old stuff isnt worth crap anymore!!! I spent years and years collecting stuff as a kid, countless of hours at my local card shop! Going to shows, getting boxes for xmas! Spending my hard earned money on that extra hard to find frank thomas card! or buying boxes of upperdeck trying to get the Griffy Jr. rookie!!! After all those years of collecting all my old stuff isnt worth anything. Remember when you could buy a pack of cards for about $1. now you can buy a pack for about $10 and you get 4 or 5 cards! the market is crazy now days!!!!! But a lot more money involved now!
[/quote]

Oh boy...I remembered those days....my bro talked me into this hobby in the 80's ... I think that I still have that upperdeck of Ken Griffey Jr somewhere ::) glad that I'm out of that hobby ... reefing rules :D

That's funny.... I actually have 3 pages (27) of those Ken Griffey Jr. Upperdeck rookie cards; not including the one in the full set. Of all the cards I have I think it's the only one worth anything these days. I collected from the early 80's till about '93. Still have everything in 4 large rubbermaid bins. Have thought about selling the stuff for years but just haven't got around to it. Mostly i'm just avoiding the pain of "giving" the stuff away in relation to my investment.

I just found my binder of Baseball cards, still in extremely good shape. I stopped collecting when I was 11 (I'm about to turn 37). I know a lot of those cards are worth money, but I have lacked the engerny to go through and find out what they are worth. I figure I can keep them as is (in plastic sleves) until my kids get close to college age and then sell em for some cash.

So all my Mcguire and Canseco rookie cards are worth crap now? :) I quite in the late 80's though and never looked back :)

[quote author=newreefnut link=topic=5653.msg74517#msg74517 date=1231965692]
[/quote]

Here is what I learned after a while. Strike while the iron is hot cause guess what all of the ones you have know that are selling for obscene amounts will be worth very little come 10 years from now or more.

Gonna date myself here but Billy Sims (a former RB for the Lions) rookie card was worth a ton of money (relative to the value of money today) in the first 2 years after it was released. Now you would be better off using it for starting a fire.

That said some of the classics will always hold their value. Stuff I have in storage are rookie cards from guys like Staubach, Bradshaw, Griese, Manning (no the dad), Elway, Marino, Kelly. Who knows if they will ever be worth much more then they are now but my kids or grandkids might enjoy them.

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=5653.msg74587#msg74587 date=1231976417]
So all my Mcguire and Canseco rookie cards are worth crap now? :) I quite in the late 80's though and never looked back :)
[/quote]

Yep... crap is probably worth more actually.

[quote author=zambavi link=topic=5653.msg74650#msg74650 date=1231982118]
[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=5653.msg74587#msg74587 date=1231976417]
[/quote]

Yep... crap is probably worth more actually.
[/quote]

:lol:

new hobby...anyone?

http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1778399&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1

[quote author=neyugn0w01 link=topic=5653.msg74688#msg74688 date=1231988993]
Interested in some Adrian Peterson cards.
[/quote]

LOL. Thanh, didn't know you into these stuffs :D

Back