Cali Kid Corals

Anyone else excited by this?

http://reefbuilders.com/2010/04/02/apex-wxm-wireless-expansion-module-vortechapex-connectivity-preorder/

Now, if I could just get the apex to open the fridge, icebox, melt the food and feed. Oh, and a rhomba like device to clean the glass.

The module press release was last November. The only new detail is they are now taking pre-orders :) I will be more stoked when it actually hits the streets.

With Apple computer products, I never buy the first generation because of the bugs they need to work out with a new product, is it true for Neptune products also?

Yes and no. It's just a firmware flash away if something changes and Curt (a local) is very helpful and replies quickly.

When it hits the streets AND it can be explored as to what it can or can't do.

DA's Reefkeeper ELite nabbed me there :D, I also think the APEX promised current/power reading on each circuit which I think is not there as well, I'd be curious just what exactly this thing can do. Might save people buying the Vortech Eco dohickies.

sfsuphysics said:
Might save people buying the Vortech Eco dohickies.

Sorry but the module is built to only interface with the Eco controllers from what I was told (very reliable source - horses mouth). That is part of the reason for the new Eco controller and why Curt just finally put it to pre-sale. The daughter board in the Eco is what the Apex module is built around, and IIRC has inside it.

Oh yikes, I thought it simply communicated with each device to do something, power at X% which would be more compatible. Oh well I won't have any Eco drivers, and I don't have an APEX so it really is a null for me :D

GreshamH said:
sfsuphysics said:
Might save people buying the Vortech Eco dohickies.

Sorry but the module is built to only interface with the Eco controllers from what I was told (very reliable source - horses mouth). That is part of the reason for the new Eco controller and why Curt just finally put it to pre-sale. The daughter board in the Eco is what the Apex module is built around, and IIRC has inside it.
According to their website it will work with the WWD and the Eco driver modules.
http://www.neptunesys.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=56&Itemid=40

Excellent, good to know. Beer does effect ones memory and I had a few at that point :lol:

Back