Jestersix

Anyone get an absurdly high PG&E bill?

Maybe because EBMUD is owned by the local government, as such can not legally be a for-profit institution where as PG&E is not owned by any local governments.

My Pg&E has gone up 250 a month. I’m running all then same equipment and even turned off the Bot tub
This month it’s higher then It’s ever been. Over 500 $ for 3 reef tanks and 3 people. It’s getting out of hand

my pge bill used to average 150 a month - 3/2 house about 1400 sqft. now with the new east bay energy generation charge last 2 months, it was 230 last month and 213 this month. they claim there is a credit on the bill, which it showed, but it doesnt make up for the huge hike. was thinking of opting out but unsure what the charges would look like afterwards since they claimed the new east bay company provides cheaper rates.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Same here. I opted out. I’m pretty sure this east bay energy generation thing is a bullshit scam to bleed more money out of us. The thing that bothered me us they don’t break down the eastbay generation charges. So they could just charge you whatever the hell they want.

I agree John, however, pge is no where near a perfect example of us paying for things for other people in a way that makes sense. Pge has been bleeding us dry as much as possible for as long as possible, and at the same time shirking their safety responsibilities, and even worse yet, straight up lieing about it. I don’t think it’s we the people who should foot the bill for a companies actions(and lack thereof) that have cause devastating loss of life and property, as well as environmental damage in many ways. Yes they should be able to make money, but they should also be held accountable for their crimes. They should not at all be able to just turn around with their hands out (one with a bucket and one with a gun) for financial help when what happened (over and over again) is their fault and theirs alone. They new the risks of falsifying safety reports about gas pipeline(s), but they were too greedy/lazy/busy paying their exact huge bonuses to actually do their job. I want to see jail time for as many of those responsible as possible. Murder/manslaughter or whatever is a pretty serious crime. Are we really supposed to look the other way AND pay to bail them out? My answer is clearly NO. I find pge to be a reprehensible, dangerous, entity that is way too big, and extremely out of control. They don’t “serve” us at all, they allow us to pay them so they can continually shirk their safety responsibilities and continue causing huge disasters that could have easily been avoided. Fool us once, shame on them, fool us dozens of times?!? No sir!
I am absolutely willing to help me fellow humans rebuild their lives and homes, and I have donated to those efforts directly, I do not care to pay the perpetrators and hope they take care of their victims. I wouldn’t donate to a rapist so their victims could sue them.

This[emoji115]is how I feel as well.

I can’t begin to explain what it’s like to have a fire less than a mile from your house burning down an entire neighborhood in San Bruno and killing 8 of my neighbors. 1000 ft wall of Fire hard to believe it I happened just 9 years ago and is almost totally swept under the legal rug without full compensation to those effected.
No excuse or way to forgive those monsters at PGE for the gross negligence that happened then and continues to happen.
44590d8cb48bd534e20569c349df804f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This[emoji115]is how I feel as well.

I can’t begin to explain what it’s like to have a fire less than a mile from your house burning down an entire neighborhood in San Bruno and killing 8 of my neighbors. 1000 ft wall of Fire hard to believe it I happened just 9 years ago and is almost totally swept under the legal rug without full compensation to those effected.
No excuse or way to forgive those monsters at PGE for the gross negligence that happened then and continues to happen.
44590d8cb48bd534e20569c349df804f.jpg

I always wondered why nobody went to prison, or something happen. Seems like who ever worked on it should be held responsible. Something more than just, lawsuits and money.

I always wondered why nobody went to prison, or something happen. Seems like who ever worked on it should be held responsible. Something more than just, lawsuits and money.
It really has to get to the point of showing that there was wilful negligence, and then do you throw in jail the regular worker who did it? do you throw in jail the supervisor who signed off on everything? do you throw in jail the regional manager who told them to build to that specs? do you go at the CEO of PG&E who decides that they should spend no more than XXX dollars in that area? Ok fine pick someone, or everyone, now find the evidence that shows they did something illegal which lead to this.

Lets just say it was a surprise that the Enron guys went to jail, you don't often see heads of companies going to jail over stuff like this.

They definitely falsified safety inspections on the pipeline. That is absolutely willful. I say anyone who knew what was up and don’t blow the whistle should go down.

Back