Kessil

Anyone want to do a grow out contest?

So I was just about to frag my zoas, and then I thought, “ hey, I have about 30 heads, and the stalks are about an inch long, so it would be easy to frag single heads!” If you guys want to do a grow out contest, just let me. I was thinking if no one know the name to these, we should give them a name to keep track of lineage. Or not lol. I was thinking something along the lines of greyhounds or something
E24F5F43-8C6F-412D-8970-E1CC18F2D0FA.jpeg

I could frag them like a week out from the swap or so, so they would be very fresh, or I could frag them now. Never done a grow out before, I’m not sure how it would work if I fragged them now and some grew more heads

I’m not doing another zoa grow out contest. My tank has been over run by those Mohawks. :) Whose idea was that one? I should invite them over to frag them up to get them out of my tank.

We could do the zoa grow out and an acro grow out?

Hard to judge acro growth. What constitutes better growth? Encrustation? Vertical growth? Usually has to do something with countable polyps or eyes like a zoa, chalice, micromusa lord, favia....something along those lines.

Last edited:
Alright so it looks like as of right now I will need 9 frags. We’ll just do a bragging rights contest, no entry fee, I will frag the Zoas 1 week out from the frag swap, and will bring them to the swap. If someone would like to join, but isn’t going to the swap, pm me, we can work something out. I’m thinking the contest will go until December or so. I’ll make the official grow out contest page when everyone gets their zoas

Back