Neptune Aquatics

Anywhere to get LRS Reef Frenzy locally other than Diablo Corals?

I've been wanting to try LRS Reef Frenzy for awhile now, supposed to be cleaner and higher quality than Rods food.

I feed Rods and mysis right now but I don't like how dirty they make the tank.

I took a look at LRS's website but it seems Diablo Corals is the only dealer they have listed. I'm way down in Sunnyvale so I'm trying to find somewhere closer if anyone knows of a place? Neptune doesn't.

Wow. $25 for 8oz... that's $50 a pound! That's some expensive seafood... But apparently pretty awesome stuff. Used to feed and breed, the rare masked angelfish.

Last edited:
It's supposed to be the bees knees or something. Really clean really freshly made. 8oz would last me 3-6 months so yeah, its expensive, but its not THAT expensive since I only have a few fish.

I guess I could order it from premium aquatics but the shipping is completely unreasonable since its all frozen and stuff.

I drove to Diablo Corals to visit n pick up a bag of the reef frenzy recently. It's good but I really have no reference since other than Reed's I have not used anything else

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Which Rods food are you using? I've been using it over a year and find its very clean. It has some fine particles that are designed to feed your corals, maybe that's what you're seeing.

I've been using Rods Food the flat pack. I like it. It's like mysis but from the ocean lol

I do think that its not very clean. The water you thaw it out in is murky. I strain it in a mesh net before using.

I've never understood why people buy a coral food because it's been carefully chopped to a fine consistency that corals can feed on.

Then strain out the big, less useful chunks and throw away the food.

Hmm.

I've never understood why people buy a coral food because it's been carefully chopped to a fine consistency that corals can feed on.

Then strain out the big, less useful chunks and throw away the food.

Hmm.

Good question...... I always thought this was how to try to reduce the po4 that you get with frozen food, and I use a dry power food to feed the corals...but I could be completely wrong in my thought process tho....

When you look at these "special recipe" reef feeds, you see the same rehash of ancient (for this hobby) recipes for homemade reef food. Depending on which recipe you start from, the goal of homemade food was to take store bought seafood and blend it fiercely enough that the resulting mush could be eaten by even sps.

At my first BARE meeting, Matthew Schmuck even had some for sale. Good stuff. It had a little too much "Tahitian blend" algae in it for my taste, but corals loved it. It was the consistency of toothpaste and turned the tank green for an hour after feeding.

Over and over I've watched people buy this mushed seafood that one person took special care to get blended to a fine consistency and strain it to feed the chunks that didn't get blended well.

:eek:

Well, whatever theory makes you happy.

Personally, I think frozen fines are better than dehydrated powder. Either way, you are adding fines.

Last edited:
With a bit of serendipity, Neptune Aquatics now carries this. I got a pack, and I'm impressed. It seems cleaner than Rod's, less cloudiness in the tank. Nice chunks of food in it. Fish seem to like it!

Back