Cali Kid Corals

AOG .. closed up?

Picked up a few frags last Sunday. One of them being AOGs. I acclimated them for about a hour them placed them into the tank. All 3 zoo frags opened the same day. Since then the others have stayed open even relaxing a bit more. But the AOGs are all closed up tight. Is there something wrong with them?

Tested my water seems fine, adding additives, doing normal water changes, topping off etc. All the other Zoos are open and look good, any reason the AOGs would be doing this? Are they more fragile than other Zoos?

Sometimes corals just take a few days... sometimes weeks to open up. In my experience most will come out looking great in my system same day and really good after 3. But occassionally there is one that takes several days to a couple of weeks before it's looking 100%. Lots of potential reasons for this. I'd say give it some time.

I've had a similar thing happen with some Tubbs Blue. I've had them for about a year, were growing well and they just closed up about 3 weeks ago and now I'm fighting algae on it. In fact, I'm really fighting algae on all my Mag Racks.

Agree give it some time before you panic about it. It may also have to do with the way it responded to being fragged in the first place.

[quote author=patchin link=topic=6128.msg77711#msg77711 date=1233421386]
I've had a similar thing happen with some Tubbs Blue. I've had them for about a year, were growing well and they just closed up about 3 weeks ago and now I'm fighting algae on it. In fact, I'm really fighting algae on all my Mag Racks.
[/quote]you and me both . Algae isn't my friend right now, except one which is pretty (phong would approve lol)

Back