got ethical husbandry?

Aqua Illumination Lighting Setups

I am looking for some feedback from other people who have these lights. I am running 2 Aqua Illumination Sol Blues over a 75 gallon tank 48"x20"X20", approx. 12" over the waterline. I was running them for 6 hours at about 70 percent for main sun cycle, but even that was too much and I think I gave a few of my softies a sunburn.

On the recommendations from Aquatic Collection, I have since cranked down the white LED to 40 percent and the blues to 60. Some of the corals are looking more relaxed now and doing better. If anyone has any suggestions or would share their AI lighting parameters I'd really appreciate it.

Are PAR meters easy to use?

-dave

I have two over my 120, 4x2x2. I was running two 150 watt hqi ushio 20k+ and a blue reefbrite strip previously. I set mine to turn on at 1:00 pm with a 30 min ramp to 18-24-28, 3pm 4hr ramp to 30-36-42. 7 pm 4 hr ramp to all zeros. I have increased the max setting to 34-38-46 at this point, it's been about 3-4 weeks now. I have them mounted bottom of lights 11-12" off surface of water. Check out my tank journal to see mire info and pics.
What lighting did you replace?

Thanks for the feedback Mike. Your tank looks great. I was using 150 watt MH with 2 T5s and picked up the AIs a few months ago. After reading your post I have turned them down even more and I'm going to sit where they are at until I see how the tank reacts.

-dave

Usually if you make LEDs look as bright as halides it's actually more par. So probably a good idea. There is a super long thread on reefcentral that has some good info on par readings that people have measured off of them

Back