High Tide Aquatics

Aquacontroller III too far from my internet box - help?

So I just got my AC III and now I'm working on the (daunting) task of setting it up. I want to set it up for internet access, however, my router is way far away from the AC III and using ethernet cable is not an option.

My question is: How do I connect the AC III to my router without using ethernet cable?

Thanks all!

Yu could try a wireless bridge. I tried to use one for my RKE when I was having the same problem but had issues with my crappy AT&T router. The bridge option should work if you don't have a crappy router.

Something like this

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&expIds=17259,18167,25907,26637,26992,27151&sugexp=ldymls&xhr=t&q=linksys+wireless+g+bridge&cp=22&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-Address&wrapid=tljp128745377191304&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=2048848697795117947&ei=T_y8TI23L8GeOubI3N4M&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=4&sqi=2&ved=0CC0Q8wIwAw#

You can try DA's forums and they probably have some suggestions, however, their customer support has ben less then stellar lately (

Who is the resident expert on AC III for BAR? The more I read about this thing the more damn detailed/difficult it seems :~

same principle, I hate to say it but check out the Neptune systems forum on RC, there are some really smart guys on there that will help you out greatly.

Yeah the wireless bridge is not controller specific. It essentially allows you to communicate with your router wirelessly and then plug in a wired ethernet cord into it.

I just hacked an old wireless router to act as a wireless bridge and stuffed it in my stand. Not pretty, but cheaper than upgrading to an Apex for now. Also, yes it is worth the trouble - the internet features of the AC3 are pretty sweet. :)

Also, firmware upgrades via the wireless bridge work fine.

Back