Cali Kid Corals

:( Aquascene sold ?!?!

Not sure if this is the right forum for this, and I also posted it over in the BAR forum on RC :

I called today and was told that James no longer owns Aquascene, but that he sold it outright to someone named Ellis. Aparently it happened this morning ?!? (or last Monday.. Erin (or Aaron?) just said it happened Monday. but not which Monday).

Anyone know any more about this ?!?! or who Ellis is ? (local history in the scene, RC handle, etc)

Akacable broke the news to me Monday night. He said he heard it 2nd hand from a guy in Castro Valley who bought a frag there and was told that James no longer owns Aquascene. Akacable was befuddled, but I had no information to add.

I posted this on the MARS forum on RC and one member said James told her last week that he was thinking of opening a store in Elk Grove, but had not said anything about selling his one in Hayward.... there is alot of speculation on that board about the sale and rumors of a new store.. but everything is heresay at this point...

James was talking about moving to a new location, I guess he changed his mind. :D

I wouldn't be telling my customers if I was thinking of selling. Given the rumor mill, I would only tell them once I made the decision.

James was working his butt off and hardly getting to see his family, so this isn't really a surprise to me. The store will be missed.

James is going to be the owner of the mystery shop on Dubose in San Francisco!

That's my prediction you heard it here first! :)

Actually I'm really just making a wild guess based on the idea that the person who's opening this mystery shop is "known" ... but in the rare chance it does happen I want full credit *chuckle*

sfsuphysics said:
James is going to be the owner of the mystery shop on Dubose in San Francisco!

That's my prediction you heard it here first! :)

Actually I'm really just making a wild guess based on the idea that the person who's opening this mystery shop is "known" ... but in the rare chance it does happen I want full credit *chuckle*

From what I heard is that one the people who use to be in Nippon, in Geary, will be the one opening the place in Dubose..... I heard it from someone who talked to one of the employee's of Nippon. I also heard that they were having some problem.... $$$. Who knows... Just a word of floathing around... I don't know.

Back