Jestersix

Auto fish feeder

Hi everyone
Does anyone know a good auto fish feeder? I’m going out of town and need to get one set up. The eheim one seems to have good reviews. Any Recs? Ideas?

Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have both, Eheim and Lifeguard Intelli-Feed, the second has a DC port, I guess you can plug it onto your Apex or other controller; like them both.

Hi everyone
Does anyone know a good auto fish feeder? I’m going out of town and need to get one set up. The eheim one seems to have good reviews. Any Recs? Ideas?

Thx

Make sure you have a feeding ring or similar it dumps the pellets into so they don’t float right into your overflow.

Eheim actually makes two feeders, and I use both types.

The single one, that rotates the housing, I use for small pellets.
The twin one, that has screw type drive, I use for flake.

The different designs seem to work better for different things.

Since they are so similar in design, is there any benefit to using the AFS over intellifeed? Something about being able to control it through apex?
I would assume with the intellifeed, you can at least still coordinate feed mode by synching up the timing, so I wonder what advantage would AFS provide.

Since they are so similar in design, is there any benefit to using the AFS over intellifeed? Something about being able to control it through apex?
I would assume with the intellifeed, you can at least still coordinate feed mode by synching up the timing, so I wonder what advantage would AFS provide.
I think the only benefit is the controllability of it through the apex.

I have both the AFS and the Eheim. The AFS is nice because of controllability but I like the Eheim better.

Just use a feeding ring and then you won’t need to turn off your return pump or stop your skimmer.

Back