Neptune Aquatics

Banggai Breeding

Thales

Past President
Yay, a new breeding forum!

Here is link to a Banggai breeding article:
http://reefhobbyistmagazine.com/archives/vol_2/issue8/pages/issue_8-6.htm

Update on one of my pairs:
I usually strip the eggs from the father around 19 days. This is really because I forget to keep accurate track of when I notice the fat mouth. This time, I noticed (it was my birthday actually) and I went to strip at 22 days and instead of eggs I got swimming fry. So much easier to deal with than eggs in a tumbler!

Are the fry going to be for sale when they are big enough to not get eaten? I've been looking for two small Banggais to put in my 34g with my two black clowns... :D

They have a nice big mated pair of PJ cardinals at Aquarium Concepts if anybody is looking for some. $99 dollars for the pair was the price I saw when I went there today.

My male doesn't keep the eggs more than 3 days. He's nice and fat but for some reason he start eating again after 3 days. After I move, I will look for another male.

Euphyllia said:
They have a nice big mated pair of PJ cardinals at Aquarium Concepts if anybody is looking for some. $99 dollars for the pair was the price I saw when I went there today.

Not sure this has anything to do with Banggais...

Euphyllia said:
Are the fry going to be for sale when they are big enough to not get eaten? I've been looking for two small Banggais to put in my 34g with my two black clowns... :D

I'll prolly just be giving these away. Although they may all go to work.

Elite said:
My male doesn't keep the eggs more than 3 days. He's nice and fat but for some reason he start eating again after 3 days. After I move, I will look for another male.

Community tank? You could also try to isolate him right after you notice his fat mouth.

Many times.. I bought them from another reefers. They got frys in their overflow all the time. They were in a 180G though.

Since I got them, they breeded about 3-4 times but the male start eating after 1-3 days. :(

I will try to setup a 10G tank after I move.
Thanks Rich!

Hi Rich,
What do you feed the fry? Will they eat flake? The male is holding the eggs more than 14 days now. Hopefully I will get some babies this time ..
Thanks!

Phong, if you can't find any live ones, let me know. I've got two of those dish hatcheries and some eggs that you can use to hatch some bbs.

If you want to save the trouble of hatching your own baby brine shrimp you can always stop by Neptunes we prep and start Hatch Friday Afternoon so they are available all weekend and feed phyto to hold them over the following week.

I thought they are good only 1 or 2 days if you feed them phyto.. No??

Good to know you guys carry it. I might need them for the first feeding (if they hatch).. :)

Elite said:
I thought they are good only 1 or 2 days if you feed them phyto.. No??

Good to know you guys carry it. I might need them for the first feeding (if they hatch).. :)

They eat phyto, as in, can live on phyto, amongst other things. They are filter feeders Phong. BBS do not need to be fed at first though as siad above.

Back