High Tide Aquatics

Banggai Breeding

Good Luck, Phong!

We hatch the BBS because I've got a ton of new born babies as well that I have to feed all the time! Hence, I have to hatch them every few days. :bigsmile:

yeah crossing my finger and hope that I will get some fries this time. It would be fun to try to keep them alive :D .. He should release them in 3-4 days if everything is ok.

hehehe sure man.. if they hatch and I can keep them alive. I'm not exactly sure when the male will release. Hopefully I catch it in time.

I looked at the mouth and I see something moving in his mouth so I scoped him up and put him in a breeder net. Hopefully I will able to save some fries by doing so. Can't wait 8) ..

Thales said:
How long has he been holding?
If he releases in the net he may eat the fry - can you strip the fry out? It's easy!
I don't really know. I moved the tank to the new house at the end of May. I wasn't at the old place so I don't know exact when. I put some algae in there so the fry can hide if needed. You think I should strip the fry out? What if I just seeing thing and I get eggs instead of fry?

I tried to catch the male to strip him and he release the fry.. I got 9 total :D ... Fed them some BBS and look like they start eating. I'm going to Neptune tomorrow to pick up some BBS and some phyto.. My kids are very happy. 8) .. Hopefully I can keep some alive that would be really cool..

yeah the babies are big.. well bigger than I thought. Head to tail, they are about 1/4".

Rich, have you try to feed them golden pearls? They seem to like these. It's hard to see they actually eating or not but look like they eat these when I put them in the tank..

Thanks Mitch.. I'm having them inside the breeder net now. If they live I will get couple more. What kind of heater do you use for that little tank??

ic.. I will let you know if I need it. Thanks Mitch!!

Couple crappy shots.. my main system tossed. I'm using my boys's system. Using microsoft paint suck..
banggaibabies.jpg

banggaibabies1.jpg

Cool! Congrats!

Make sure they are eating. Sometimes they take food in, but spit it out. :D

Is the male eating? If not, he may still be holding some fry (doubtful given the pic though).

Fun eh? I encourage everyone to breed these guys!

Looks pretty cool man. Goodluck with em and let me know if you need anything. I can drop stuff off Wed or Thurs afternoons.

Rich- I'll breed em if you can find a pair for me ;)

Back