Neptune Aquatics

Banggai Breeding

Elite said:
Update on the baby..
They are a little bigger :) .. Still have all 9 of them 8)

The male ate the eggs though.. :(

banggaibabies3.jpg

That's a cool pic, Phong. They're so tiny and cute!

You need more BBS? BTW...Cerissa rehatch a new batch every 3-4 days.

Yup they are very cute.. :)

Yeah I will need at least one more bag. I should get some eggs from RN tomorrow or Tuesday.. I will be there on Tuesday..

another one dying today..

Rich, when are they starting to attack/killing others? I don't know if I should start to seperate them. The one dying today look like it lost a fin or something. It can't swim up right.. :(

How often are you feeding them?

I have kept groups together for months and months with no problem. They are fragile, so I wouldn't ever net them up.

That's another tank I can't setup right now Mitch. I don't think its brothers/sisters killed it though. It looked like something ate it. It could be that it's weak and died. I feed them more now. Hopefully that help.. I let you know if I need the tank. Thanks dude..

Yeah, I know you're worried about another tank and all. I have no exp breeding them, but if you don't think it was the siblings eating it, then is there any possible way for anything to get into that breeder setup of yours?

update on the babies.. They are eating adult BS now. I still give them the BBS. Some eat raw shrimp but it's very hard to cut a piece that is small enough for them to eat. They also eat small Mysis. The only problem is I don't know where to get small mysis.

PE are big. The one I bought at the store are much bigger than the Biopure mysis. I'm using biopure mysis to feed the baby but can only use the smaller ones. Anything big I have to scope them out because the fish can't eat them. You know where to get small PE??

no such thing (small version of PE)

try Arcti-Pods, they're smaller then PE. I may have something for you actually. Let me see if I am allowed to give any out ;)

Oh that's suck :( ..

I could try Arcti-Pods if my other fish eat them. For some reasons, the two clowns and the banggai's parent don't eat Arcti-pods :( .. I almost didn't finish the small bottle last time because I can only feed coral with that. I might have to give it another try.

What is other stuff that you are talking about?? :D

can't say, sorry. If I get clearance to give it to you you can say anything either ;)

OK, Banggai lovers........I have to confess I've had two Banggai's for 6 months in a 12 gal nano cube. They are great addtions to the tank and share it with a 6 line wrasse, scooter blennie and a naked percula and it's host RTBA. It's a well seasoned tank about 3 years) and supports the livestock fine.

After reading this thread (I plan to re-read it from start to finish including the breeding article that started it all) I've come to realize that one of my Banggai's has a "big mouth". I'm hoping this means "he" is harboring a brood of eggs or fry. Maybe I'm just wishfull thinking but I'd like to ask what I can do to verify this condition beyond just watching. It seems noticably larger from the jaw down than the other fish. They have always shown cooperative behavior and may be mated, I'm just not sure. They've both grown substantially since I've introduced them 6 moths ago. They will be moving to a 90 gal tank in about two months or less and I'd like to know any special considerations to offer them.

Back