Kessil

Banggai Breeding

Elite said:
Sorry man.. I'm on crack... His name is Chris (LordHelmet)

Oh that's not good...

Do we need to have an intervention??? Call MTV :D

The three babies are growing well. They are still timid and dart from the feeding baster. I tried to get photo today but no luck. They are in the refugium and stay tangled down in the chaeto.

Thanks Rich. When will the Steinhart add these to the breeding program?

On close inspection I am seeing spots in the body color now. One did not show up to eat today. There are two doing well and starting to swim around the tank beyond the ball of chaeto they use as home. I still do not see them actively feeding on any of the live tank population. They seem to only eat BBS from the water column.

Hello,

I was working on my tank earlier and noticed one of my Bangaii doing "the dance" so I came back home and read the article and this thread which made me realize that the pair hasn't been eating these past few feedings. I'm going to double check his mouth tomorrow, hopefully he'll have some eggs!

Viet

Ok, it's official...i'm expecting!!! hahaha....my Bangaii's mouth is fat and he won't eat. I picked up an urchin from Neptune and think I'll just try to let the first batch go all natural (well until they actually come out of the males mouth).

The only thing is the tank is at my parents house so I'm not exactly there everyday which could be bad....anybody want to try raising a small brood?

I have a quick question. Just moved my tank ,set it back up and my Banggai pair are fighting really bad!!!!!
female is losing, any ideas Im going to try to catch her if i can .

Back