Reef nutrition

BAR Logo contest!

Thales

Past President
Hey BAR,

Its time for a new logo! The current one is great, but it has been around for a few years and we don't have a version of it that we can make bigger for signs or shirts. So, its time for a logo contest!

We are taking submissions for the new logo until May 28, 2006 . A submission should be in vector format, should take into account the club mission statement (BAR seeks to promote, foster and encourage education and appreciation for the ethical husbandry and propagation of marine life), should NOT have a clownfish :D , and should be easily reproducible for either a business card, a shirt, or a large sign. Edit: There should also be a color and a b/w version.

Please post submissions here or email them to me at barlogo@atomicglass.com

The club at large will vote on submissions on May 30th, and we will roll out the new logo at the June meeting.

The person submitting the winning design get $100 in BAR money to spend at one of the club sponsors.

:D

Should it be in full color (harder to get t-shirts and such done) or two color, mono tone? Any file format, as long as it's vector based?

FWIW, I do have the old logo in a AI file. The new CS2 Illustrator has a quick conversion to vector that works fabulous. It just needs a bit of touch up, and it'll be totally fine for any size print job.

Thanks Gresham! I think full color and black and white would be great and have added that to the original post.

I would say finish up the version that you have and post it. If its the old logo but in a vector format, its fine to put it in the contest :D

How's this one, I spent hours on it :D

inkfinal.gif

But seriously, I'll add the text back to it and touch up the arc and send it to the email as suggested. I just hope I can get it done in time, lol :lol:

Vector graphics or geometric modeling is the use of geometrical primitives such as points, lines, curves, and polygons to represent images in computer graphics. It is used by contrast to the term raster graphics, which is the representation of images as a collection of pixels (dots).

It also serves as an explanation for the fact that logos and signs with easy and geometric shapes are more easily remembered and recognized. :)

CDR , EPS, WMF , SWF..etc.

Vector based images are preferred because they can be scaled without showing stairstep effects like with raster/bitmapped images.

Mr. Ugly said:
Well, someone vectorize the current one please! I kinda like that one myself :D

Some one harrassing me?
:D
FWIW, I do have the old logo in a AI file. The new CS2 Illustrator has a quick conversion to vector that works fabulous. It just needs a bit of touch up, and it'll be totally fine for any size print job.

It just needs the curve to be remade and new text to be dropped in and it'll be done. With my current schedule, you should have it by 2026, I'd say by that December :D

:D I was playing with photoshop this afternoon and came up with this. This is only the first touch and I can always redo the whole concept.

Unless you guys want the old fish instead. lolz

BARLOGO.jpg

Oh this is a competition? I thought it's just a donation or doing something good for the club. :D

With those nice and simple designs posted on RC, there should not be any price involve because we are all BARS and they're so easy to make. :D

Back